Corona88's Turbo Build

corona88

Corona Ls-t Build Update 2/8/10

Hey guys after 2 years of owning my car Im finally boosting it. My goal is hitting 200whp which should be easy from what the shop I go to say (Revline Motors), project started 6-3-09 aiming for it to be done by the end of the month:),. Here the parts that im getting, let me know what you all think. Comment are welcome good or bad thanks CI

-Turbonetics t3 60trim XXXXXXXX
-Log manifold XXXXXXXXXX
-Garrett Boost Gauge
-Aem Wideband
-Couplers & Stainless steel T-clampsXXXXXXXXXXXX
-Sre PipingXXXXXXXXXXX
-Intercooler- XXXXXXXXXXX
-Tial 38MM wastegate XXXXXXXX
-Greddy Type Rs XXXXXXXXXXXX
-DSM 450cc W/Resistor Box XXXXXXXXXXX
-Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump XXXXXXXXXXXX
-Hondata s100

All of the oil lines and misc pipes are going to be made at the shop when its being put togther.:lol:

NOW FOR PICS

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE PICS 8-14

I recently just got my piping and might as well picked up a turbo rebuild kit just for the hell of it. My Bov (Greddy Type Rs is on shipment) as well as the intercooler. I had mentioned that I wanted to get the build done by June, but I forgot that my tuition was due haha so I had a slight delay. But in the wait I also decide to get a wideband just in case. Enjoy the pics.

***NEW GOAL: 210-215whp*****

I was messing around and lowered it lol

****************UPDATE 2/8/2010********************

Hey guys sorry I havent been updating whats the situation on my turbo build. Recently about 2 months ago a fellow CI member and I were rebuilding my turbo (In pics above), As we were working on it we broke it.....needless to say I was fucked and needed to buy a new turbo. Since then I lost motivation to continue with the build until about 3 weeks ago.

Today I took my car to our local shop/friend to purchase a new turbo (Borg Warner t3/t4 57trim) and to start putting on eveything to finish the turbo!

Here are some of the pics from today I'll update everyone daily until the car is done to be driven on the road. OH AND I HIT 175000 today as well. Today has been a good day for me WOOOOGHOOOOOO.....enjoy the pics

Last edited:

00AVA00

hey man im intirested in seein how this turns out. i have a 96 ls too and im lookin to put a 60trim into mine but all i got yet is the turbo. keep postin progress pics!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Hey dude I'd get ride of that turbo mani asap. When the inlet is not centered like that it can give bad boost creep, among other things. Otherwise everything else looks good :D

Winki

Undercover mod
look at that ugly ass turbo lol and i never had a boost creap issue with that mani