Could Bad Alternator cause following...

Kitkat18

First noticed lower than usual idle
Then shudder/stutter starting out in first
Thirdly, a chirping belt sound coming from the right side.
And finally now does not turn over at all. Silence. Battery is not dead though.

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
if it were a bad alternator the battery would be dead. the alternator's job is to charge the battery while it is running. your starter takes 9.6v to start your car. check the battery and if you have more than 9.6v then its something else. if it's less than that, jump it and let it idle and watch the battery voltage. if it just continues to go down then it IS your alternator.

Kitkat18

I was able to pop it into gear and it drove normally for 90 miles, parked it and it the morning same thing, no clicks but lights and fan come on fine. I called a mobile mechanic and he is coming out today. I hope he brings a voltmeter with him. Thanks so much for the info.

97GSRVTEC

Could possibly have a dead cell in the battery. I have come across that problem before. As far as the belt chirping, that is your belt not an altenator concern.

Kitkat18

Scratch that..bad clutch pins worn down to the nub. 80 dollars later, but at least it is running again.

CTsFinest203

My gsr is doing the same problem you had the fan comes on and the lights work perfect and it's making a clicking noise in the dash u think it's the clutch safety pin???? I just swapped the engine cuz I bought it with a ls I blew that lol so I put a gsr in there to make it official and it started right up 5 or 6 times I ain't drive it yet now won't start or crank only fan n lights work