coy's integ thread n_n

ixcocoyxi

RS owner

Sooo thats what you were doing.... It looks pretty good bro :thumbs up. Btw don't you have to bake valve covers to make it look "wrinkled"? How'd you get your strut to finish like that?

+

but it'll wrinkle automatically when it dries.. i just used my heat gun to 'hurry it up'

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yeah.. im just waiting till it completely dries. for some reason, the top surface kinda moves when i rub it to check if its dry. im most likely gonna put it back on there.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
baking or using a heat gun with wrinkle paint is recommended, actually. letting it naturally dry will create larger, less attractive wrinkles. applying heat will allow the wrinkles to be smaller, and a bit more of a "tight" wrinkle (which is more of an OEM look)

so you did good, sir.

shit looks dope. also, most recommend a 24 wait before messing with anything wrinkle coated, because it does take a bit longer to cure. even when dry to the touch, underneath, its still quite fragile.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
baking or using a heat gun with wrinkle paint is recommended, actually. letting it naturally dry will create larger, less attractive wrinkles. applying heat will allow the wrinkles to be smaller, and a bit more of a "tight" wrinkle (which is more of an OEM look)

so you did good, sir.

shit looks dope. also, most recommend a 24 wait before messing with anything wrinkle coated, because it does take a bit longer to cure. even when dry to the touch, underneath, its still quite fragile.
yeah. it took about 2-ish days to be fully dry. the top layer doesnt move around anymore when touched..

The VC looks sick cocoy!
uhh.. its oem doods. i just keep it clean :thumbs up

I think put the Honda emblem back on fo sho! Ur car and engine bay is fucken secks!
thanks doods!! when i tuck the last 2 bundles, THEN it'll be seks!! ;)

that looks good man! I really want to do that to my CT intake arm...
i kinda wanna do it to mine too as well as the intake manifold, fuel rail, and brake booster.. but the intake matches the radiator.. so im stuck in the middle :( i also gotta paint the damn engine damper.. the blue just kills the engine bay imo...