cr.. How high is too high?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Same here paden. 12.5-13.1 is the theoretical thresh hold for pump gas. Boost requires low compression.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Same here paden. 12.5-13.1 is the theoretical thresh hold for pump gas. Boost requires low compression.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.
True, but for a car that is daily driven, I'd play it on the safer side and stick with 12.5 as the upper limit for the comp ratio. If the car is just a track car, go higher and just run c16 all day.

j13

Keep It Clean
I wouldn't go anything higher than the jdm b16 ctr cr (10.8:1) high compression but not over doing it

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I wouldn't personally go any higher then 10.5:1 on a boosted setup, but you do see people boost stock Type R's which are 11:1, anything over 11:1 and I would call you crazy for doing it lol

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
coming from someone who has built high compression b-series.....dont go over 12 if you are daily driving.

i went 13.8 : 1 on my last gsr. car went 13.26 @ 106 un tuned but i had to run straight 110 octane and it was still breaking up at higher rpms. i was also shifting around 9500.

feel free to pm me if you are serious about all motor b series.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
itbs was my next mod....just decided to part the swap and save for bigger engines.

theres no replacement for displacement.

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
Ok so i've decided to go high comp NA on my d series civic but I have no access to none pump gas and both my cars are dailies.. by me or my brother.. so my B18 will stay low. I'll probly end up getting a vtech head and boosting bc i've heard that b18 heads are hard to get flowing. so are my stock b18 pistons good for boost? (with arp rod bolts)

thanks to all

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You can get away with a lot more using Endyn Rollerwaves. But for the most part, compression depends on what fuel management you're using, how competent your tuner is, what fuel you're using, what elevation you're at, and how strong your ignition system is.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I agree with Ricky, I'm running over 13:1 with my b17 stroker and at high rpms I have to be careful with the knock. I usually don't have any problems as long as I don't advance the ignition too much, but it is very temperamental sometimes.