CR-Z Power! (Honda's Sema CRZ's)

speedin

The Transporter
Ok, So maybe power was the wrong word... :lol:

I'll start with the Mugen CR-Z....

Now Honda's HPD CR-Z

Some tuned CR-Z's

First time I can actually say I wouldnt mind a Hybrid. Such a sexy body on the CR-Z. Just needs a bigger gas fed high revving heart.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Only one i would take is the last one, very clean.

Overall i'm not really a fan of this car but these look like some good displays

khurley424

i love the crz, but its too underpowered out of the box for me. These though, with claimed figures like 200 horsepower, are tempting.

here&there

In St. Louis, MO
Yes they are pretty, but they have batteries that throw off the weight (of the rear end), of the car.
Then there is additional price for having the motor that is battery driven, ie...$3k more than the EX.

I had an 2003 civic hybrid and after 3 years I asked the honda parts dept. how much to repalce the batteries. $3000 + installation. And they had to do the replacement, because they wanted to be sure that I didn't bury the old batteries in my back yard. So, $4400 for the entire battery stack, installed.

To break even, before the OEM stack went bad (as all rechargable batteries do) I needed to drive 400,000 to recover the additional cost, to drive the hybrid off the lot. I should have saved $3k and bought the EX.

The resale value of the 03 hybrid (though is was $3k more than the new EX) is less than the value of an 03 EX, by $500.

speedin

The Transporter
Yes they are pretty, but they have batteries that throw off the weight (of the rear end), of the car.
Then there is additional price for having the motor that is battery driven, ie...$3k more than the EX.

I had an 2003 civic hybrid and after 3 years I asked the honda parts dept. how much to repalce the batteries. $3000 + installation. And they had to do the replacement, because they wanted to be sure that I didn't bury the old batteries in my back yard. So, $4400 for the entire battery stack, installed.

To break even, before the OEM stack went bad (as all rechargable batteries do) I needed to drive 400,000 to recover the additional cost, to drive the hybrid off the lot. I should have saved $3k and bought the EX.

The resale value of the 03 hybrid (though is was $3k more than the new EX) is less than the value of an 03 EX, by $500.
I get that, and I do agree with you. Unfortunately the CR-Z is only available as a hybrid. Id love it if they just made a standard version. But seeing as there making this "The worlds first sport hybrid" I doubt they will.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
RACELINE dyno'd the CR-Z 6-Speed MT a few weeks ago. Made about 115whp stock. Not bad for being rated at 122 to the crank. I really like the CR-Z. I'm thinking about getting one after I give the GE8 to my brother.

RD408

Would not mind one, I think this is the car I might get once I'm done with school in the not too far future!