cracked head

shazaam22

I <3 MY DA
so i have a 93 teggy and it loses about a gallon of water every 5-7 days it is not leaking but it keeps dissapearing its not a gasket because if it was the oil would of been brown but its not so i asked and came to the conclusion that its a cracked head.so im trying to see if anyone is selling a head or where can i get one for cheap.

sexystover

coolant can leak in the cylinder without it getting in the oil. it might not be a cracked head. dont jump to conclisions

coolant can leak in the cylinder without it getting in the oil. it might not be a cracked head. dont jump to conclisions
True.
It's also possible that the head or the block is warped. If so, you can deck it flat if it's within the manufacturer's tolerances.

mirrorimg

so i have a 93 teggy and it loses about a gallon of water every 5-7 days it is not leaking but it keeps dissapearing its not a gasket because if it was the oil would of been brown but its not so i asked and came to the conclusion that its a cracked head.so im trying to see if anyone is selling a head or where can i get one for cheap.
Thats an awfully expensive assumption.

I suggest taking it to a shop and have them look at it before throwing away $500 and not knowing if it will fix your issue.

Your head may be fine, it may just need to be resurfaced and the head gasket/ head bolts changed

DagoAcura92

If u had a head gasket leak wouldn't exhaust leak in n heat up the coolant so hot that it blows it out the overflow tank, not necessarily gettin' in the cylinders? I know that happens on a toy supra when it does its notorious blown head gasket.

rpalma001

If it is a busted up head i got an extra head that i had from my old engine the block was no good but i took the head off and bought another engine that was complete so i have no use for it ill hook you up for 100 plus watever the shipping from texas PM me let me know if your intrested you will need to resurface it as you would any head thats been taken off

shazaam22

I <3 MY DA
thanks..help alot i think thats waht ima do..ill take it to get tested and probably just resurface it and new gaskets.