Craigslist deal(s)

built_ls

im in need a of some new tires. planning on getting tommorow when i get paid...actual today, since its friday lol.
but i was thinking that i can just get some used rim/tire deal off of craigslist. the cheapest quote i got for tires a a tire shop was $350, everywhere else was around $400 and up. My thinking was to get some gently used rims with tires with good thread on them for around the some price as getting brand new tires.

this is the two local deals that i've found

This guy has rota slips with new tires for $450 (no pics)
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/pts/2469286182.html
this guy says price is firm
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/pts/2471621318.html

are any of these deals good or should i just get new tires on my rims and call it a day. I havent called them (since its 4 in the morning and im at work)

built_ls

If you view this thread just leave your opinion.

(a bootleg poll)
A) slipstream $400-450 (imma try to talk him down)
B) the other rims $500
C) new tires $350 plus tax

Hopefully they still have the rims when i call them this after noon.

Cripton805

slips. Offer $400 or a little less. No camber or curbing... if you check them out.

BeatBox

Real Good!
too bad you dont live here, id hook you up i work at Discount tire

IMO id.....
look for a decent used set from CL wheels/tires for around $200-250
maybe get lucky and find a set of used tires only for your current wheels...
just pay and get the tires u want and get it over with, u need them so why not. better sooner than later

built_ls

i got the ones from the second link

too bad you dont live here, id hook you up i work at Discount tire

IMO id.....
look for a decent used set from CL wheels/tires for around $200-250
maybe get lucky and find a set of used tires only for your current wheels...
just pay and get the tires u want and get it over with, u need them so why not. better sooner than later
the guy i brought them off of turned out to be a manager at the Discount Tires. He hooked me up with some lugs nuts, the ones i had were too big.

BeatBox

Real Good!
the guy i brought them off of turned out to be a manager at the Discount Tires. He hooked me up with some lugs nuts, the ones i had were too big.
make sure u stay friends, he'll come in handy in situations like this lol
yeah i can get all that stuff for cheap, tire rack would be my next place to get tires from