crank...spark... but no fuel

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
ok so i havent drove my car in MAYBE two weeks bc its hard to build a dd thats gets you to two different jobs. so im driving another car (truck) and ordering all the parts for the db8 and once they get here im going to put them on....this is my problem about 3 days ago i went to move my car out of the garage and it would start just keep cranking but no majic. now i havent added anything different, done anything since i parked it and like i said it was my dd and had no problems with it. i have found out so far that 1 with starting fluid i can get the car to turn over. 2 it is not the fuel pump (took the fuel pump out hooked 12v and gas shot out) 3 there is no power going to the fuel pump 4 it is not the main relay (took it out and hooked it up to my buddys eg and ran just fine. 5 the check engine light is still one after the main relay kicks on. if anyone has an idea or a shot in the dark hell anything that makes sense im open to anything right now!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
ya ive hooked my fluke to the leads and i have no volts...tracing the wiring is looking like my last resort but i was just checking to see if anyone has had a similar issue. other than the main relay though is there any other fuse/relay that might have anything to do with the fuel pump circut that anybody knows of?

Se7eN

same problem

I know it has been a few month but was hoping someone might have some more info on this. I have an 89 integra with the same problems. It fell into my lap with a jumper wire from a 15 amp fuse to the yellow wire going from the relay (pin 7) to power the fuel pump. The ecu is also flashing code 9 (cyl 1 sensor). Tested the main relay and it is good. All fuses check ok. Power is getting to all 3 part of the relay, but pin 8 on the main relay is not getting ground from the ecu to connect pin 7 to pin 5 and give power to the fuel pump. I checked the sensors in the distributor and they check out. Plus the distributor was just replaced about 1 week ago. Checked the wires from the main relay to the ecu and they have continuity. Waiting now on another ecu to test if that is the problem. When i drive it, the engine misses when i am accelerating hard or holding the rpm above 3k. I would be grateful for any useful input.

galiza27

I know it has been a few month but was hoping someone might have some more info on this. I have an 89 integra with the same problems. It fell into my lap with a jumper wire from a 15 amp fuse to the yellow wire going from the relay (pin 7) to power the fuel pump. The ecu is also flashing code 9 (cyl 1 sensor). Tested the main relay and it is good. All fuses check ok. Power is getting to all 3 part of the relay, but pin 8 on the main relay is not getting ground from the ecu to connect pin 7 to pin 5 and give power to the fuel pump. I checked the sensors in the distributor and they check out. Plus the distributor was just replaced about 1 week ago. Checked the wires from the main relay to the ecu and they have continuity. Waiting now on another ecu to test if that is the problem. When i drive it, the engine misses when i am accelerating hard or holding the rpm above 3k. I would be grateful for any useful input.
change your fuel filter.

Se7eN

I don't think the fuel filter has anything to do with power to the fuel pump. Also with fuel pump jumped ,i get 41 psi on when i measure the fuel pressure coming out of the fuel filter and the vacuum lime removed from the regulator. Haynes said it needs to be between 35 and 41 psi.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
sounds like a bad ground/wiring problem to me, trace the wires

Se7eN

Traced all the wires from the main relay. they all have continuity across them and a solid connection to where they go. What other wires should i be tracing?

Se7eN

Thanks for the suggestions, but I put the other ecu in today and it fixed the fuel pump issue. I still get code 9, but i found out where the 3rd crank sensor is located, hopefully i'll get that replaced tomorrow and it will be all good.

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
this is what i found on my issue...it did fix it, or so i thought...im now getting the same damn isssue as of last night!!!!
...im going to tow it back to my house tonighjt and start troubleshooting some more again...ill post updates so if ne one else has this headeache there will be some insight

http://techauto.awardspace.com/mainrelay.html