cranks but No Spark in my 90 Acura Integra

yeah im going to be replacing that too once i get paid. i watched a vid on youtube and it said that if i have oil in my cap, which i do around the rim, then chances are the dizzy is bad. thanks for the suggestion man :)
Make sure you get a new distributor o ring when you replace it.

elda9monster

Since you say that you have oil in your dizzy why don't you just try changing the o-ring first instead of changing the whole dizzy, my friend had a similar problem and that solved his problem. we changed the o-ring before we changed out the dizzy since a bad o-ring can get oil into the dizzy which he had lots in his.

tEgGrA91

update

so to update the situation, i replaced my dizzy today and now i have spark from the cap to the spark plug wires. however its still not firing up. there is fuel coming in cause i can smell it. we even sprayed ether when cranking just to make sure and still didnt fire up. this is really weird and i cannot figure it out for the life of me. any ideas or suggestions on what to test next? any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

ryukkid

beep beep
did you check your timing making sure it's at tdc cause that will cause the car not to start

tEgGrA91

whats the tdc? and how do i do that? what are the steps and maybe precautions to take when i do that?

tEgGrA91

oh okay thanks DA3. another question that may seem kinda dumb but, are my fuel injectors supposed to be tight? and if they are loose enough to where i can twist them with my hands without any force, can that cause it to not start?

*DA3*

They should be tight because of the seal that they have if they are lose it may cause the Injector to start leaking

tEgGrA91

okay thats what i thought.. so i i checked my fuel pump today just to double check to make sure it was working, and come to find out its not. but shouldn't it have at least sputtered when i sprayed ether in it? all the mechanics in my area are clueless about what it is. i think it may be time to sell it... :(

ryukkid

beep beep
Finding tdc take off no.1 spark plug and valve cover also driver side wheel put the oil dip stick in the no.1 spark plug hole make sure its dry.now with a 19mm socket turn the crank pulley clockwise till you see the dip stick reaches the highest point now look at the cam gears they should have the word "up" and they should be pointing up.if their not then your timing needs to be redone

g6qwerty

And For anybody else who searches, Don't forget that just because the coil tests good with the Ohms test, that it is good. Went on a wild goose chase, cause of a bad coil.It Tested Good via Ohms as good, but was shorted out to ground somewhere.

You can subsature your coil for a small 8 watt light bulb, i used and extra dome light bulb in place of the coil. Then you can see the light pulse if your ignitor is good. also you can test it off the car http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/igniter-operation/off-car-testing.html

well now I got 2 spare igniters, and slightly used cap and rotor with 1 new distributor on the car since my old was was leaking at the seal anyways.

Last edited: