Crankshaft pulley broke

BankiBoi

so I was driving home and couldnt turn my wheel so i figured powersteering pump went out! wrong crankshaft spun the bolt out and now won't even go back on.

So for a replacement should I go OEM or OBX has an aluminum one on ebay i saw. just need help before i get it

BankiBoi

I know they cost $200-300 new, that's why i wanted to go cheap obx, whats the difference with them?

Rich-PMS

They're not harmonic dampening pulleys.

Do your research. I highly advise against an OBX Pulley!

Rich-PMS

Do it right the first time, or you'll be needing to rebuild your motor!

That's the pulley I went with

BankiBoi

it stripped the threads and cut into the metal on the back side. I can put it back on but it won't tighten down or stay on, it just wobbles.
no shop here to rethread it.

found a new/used one off ebay $70

BankiBoi

find yourself a cheap tap and die kit. got mine for like 25 dollars from harbor freight.
too late, need my baby asap had to go with plan a, but for the future probably try that other issues. when i get the new one im hoping its just the pulley and not the crank also

k20wagon

too late, need my baby asap had to go with plan a, but for the future probably try that other issues. when i get the new one im hoping its just the pulley and not the crank also
You bought a new crank pulley when the crank threads are stripped that makes no sense at all. If the crank threads are stripped or the bolt was stripped then buying the pulley would do you absolutely no good and you bought it for nothing. The fix would be rethreading the crank or bolt.

So which is it, the crank pulley won't go on or the bolt won't go on.

k20wagon

it stripped the threads and cut into the metal on the back side. I can put it back on but it won't tighten down or stay on, it just wobbles.
no shop here to rethread it.

found a new/used one off ebay $70
You are confusing, when you put the crank pulley on it wobbles, do you have the key in its slot. You need to be specific.