crappy ass window motor, i'm gonna replace it

99integie

so my crappy window goes down fine but when going up it fails around half way, then i would have to pull the window up with my hand and move the switch up n down and usualy it would go back up.

so im pretty sure its the motor, so now im thinking about going to the junk yard to pick one up, but is there a way to check to see if the window is working? i dont want to end up buying a window motor that does the same thing..

either a dirty regulator or the regulator is getting stuck.. if the motor was bad it would affect it at all times not just going up.

going up is actually the easiest for the motor because it is pushing the window WITH the scrapers not pulling it down against the scrapers.

99integie

oh sweet so its not the motor? hmm a few days i noticed something different that never had happened befor.. so what happened was i was rolling the window up and it just completely died out.. but not completely, i would be able to bring it up and down with about 4 - 6 inches of space, so in the end i left the car with the window half way up, when i went back to the car to take off the window would finaly go up..

well anyways im gona rip apart the car soon and ill try to remove the motor, alrdy got panel off