Creaking in the Rear w/ New Coilovers

GerardCB

Hi!

I have a 2001 Integra LS 4Dr. I recently installed new Raceland Coilovers.

Before you hate, everyone I know who has them loves them for daily driving. Only complaints I hear are from people who don't have them.

I'm saying this because the Brand is not the problem.

Problem: I hear creaking in the rear.

When I go down my driveway or drive over small bumps it SOUNDS LIKE the springs are compressing. It sounds like a door in a haunted house opening.

Is this normal? What could it be?

pinatigerdc4

I know what your saying. It happens to me. But I have function forms. And I had this problem even when I was stock so I don't think its the suspension. It only happens to me during cold weather though. My friend told me its my bushings. And I should replace them. But idk?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
I have the KONI yellows and Ground Control, and I hear the same sounds as well. It's normal, brand new n settling in. I might have to replace the bushings tho.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Its your bushings...the hardest thing is which ones you need to replace...there is some spray you can buy online that will cure that problem for the time being...ill try n find the link..but that is what i used..and it works like a charm..

Well found it for you...

its really easy to use...all you to do is take all four wheels off and spray under and over all your bushings and let sit for few hours or i just let it over night...then spray again...one bottle should be enough to fix the noise temporary..but you need a clean spray bottle to pour the substance in. I recommend doing under the bushings first because there is not much solution in the bottle.

When that's done...take the car for a cruise for a bit and hope it fixes the noise for you. :) If this doesn't help then all else maybe someone will chime in.

BTW::i did this back in October...it is now April Going strong for 6 months..but i do tend to hear the door creak noise again..so either i replace the bushings or try to the solution...My bushings do need replaced..so hope this helps man.

Last edited:

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I have bad bushings that make sounds like that. I just turn my music louder LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

GerardCB

So how does AT-205 Reseal work? Do I use a brush and brush the stuff on the bushing? I researched that it is not a spray.

I REALLY appreciate the replies especially to LsTeg97 for the suggestion.

cpeehler7

Banned
Did you preload the suspension correctly? If you didn't hear it before, maybe the bushings are making noise now because it wasn't loaded properly?

Just a guess, but it sounds likely that you just need new bushings. I had the same noise in my car, usually happened when backing out of my driveway over the bumps. I have new bushings in the back (F7 control arm) and the noise is gone.