Creative or ugly?

DrXThirst

Rollin'
A friend of mine has an Integra without a sunroof. He rode in my car and enjoyed the view above with the small moonroof that is in it.

He is currently contemplating cutting a huge hole in the roof of his car (that covers from the front to the back and almost all the way from the left to right) and replacing it with a sunroof/moonroof window-type material so that he can look up and out at the sky. (He's a treehugger.) He then plans on tinting it to match his hood. (He has a white integra with a cf hood.)

Thoughts?

JGvtec

He plans on putting a big piece of glass there? If hes going that big he would have to to do the like convertible cover stuff. Easier to break into a car then.

jznsn2u

Your friend has an integra RS. Tell him not to go on with that plan. It's costly and not worth it. If he really loved star gazing, tell him to get out of his car and go camping. The RS version is the best platform integra to do a 'type r' conversion because it has no sunroof. It is fairly popular to the honda enthusiasts so if he want's a car that would fit his interests and needs, tell him to sell it instead of ruining it. Then buy another car.

leonardo campos

i think that if you were to do that like the last guy said it would be easy to break and you would have a great change of getting your car messed with or stoeln look wise it would be something different but i wouldn't recommed because the speciall glass you might need .

72Spitfire

It's going to be a time consuming and expensive project. If you cut corners, it's going to leak. Also, it's going to weaker the body integrity. Hard cornering will make it flex like a rubber ball, and that's not good either. Buy a LS Integra if you wanna gaze at the stars. :)

whitedc4

if he's really going to do it have a shop put in an aftermarket moonroof.. even those have a reputation for being leaky aand not working right BUT it would be a bit better of an idea than him doing it himself i'm betting..

Spyder Java

1995 Integra LS SE
Have it done aftermarket, but I cant say I recommend it... If he wants one with a moon/sun roof he shoulld sell his and buy one with one factory installed.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
a friend of mine did that to his mustang, lol ruined. always had a tarp over it.i say dont

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Your friend has an integra RS. Tell him not to go on with that plan. It's costly and not worth it. If he really loved star gazing, tell him to get out of his car and go camping. The RS version is the best platform integra to do a 'type r' conversion because it has no sunroof. It is fairly popular to the honda enthusiasts so if he want's a car that would fit his interests and needs, tell him to sell it instead of ruining it. Then buy another car.
agreed.

a tree hugger that is driving a non-hybrid/let alone owning a car? awkward.