Cross-country Motorcycle Shenanigans - Midlife Riding

acclude

cheap bastard
Hey everyone!

I know it's been while since I posted anything but I thought I'd share the craziness that is my life with you.

I made a drastic life changing decision and got rid of everything I own to hop on a motorcycle and travel across the country making everything up as I go.

The trip is CURRENTLY ONGOING! I’m hoping to be on the road for about a year and/or 50k-100k miles. I am going to do my best to earn/work/barter/trade for my food, gas, lodging and anything else I may need along the way. I will be updating my progress regularly on Midlife Riding throughout this adventure. I promise it will be a good mixture of humor, drama, action, horror, and sci-fi with a touch of documentary.

If I do what I plan to, I'll end up making some history, breaking world records, setting some new standards, and hopefully provide some opportunities for others to do something similar.

This journey is about to begin. Please keep checking http://midliferiding.com/ for the latest and greatest and you can always help me out by spreading the word, sharing/liking/subscribing Midlife Riding on the various social media sites. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Awesome! Good luck out there man

What bike are you doing it on?

I'm currently setting up for a similar trip, Not nearly as large of a scale though, Sold my Cbr600rr a couple years ago now I'm getting an rc51, I'm planning to go from TN to OK then down through Dallas and Austin TX then up through southern CA up and into Portland OR and finally to Seattle WA and back, The plan is to find somewhere to move on the west coast and meet some people along the way, Maybe I'll see you out there. :thumbs up

SoundEfx

Good luck and be safe.

Yo R13, the WA Integra crew have to buy you a few beers when you're in Seattle.
So let us know.

94RS

No fucks given.
The WA crew are going to reveal Kurt's face to the rest of CI :lol:

OP, good luck. Gear up, watch out for dumbasses in cages and get lots of pics/updates. :thumbs up

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah what kind of bike?! I hope you have a padded ass or a padded seat :lol: . I sure couldn't do that. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435

acclude

cheap bastard
Thanks for the warm replies!

I'm going to the dealership Tuesday to get a bike. I think I've settled on a KLR650. Something I go on and off road to add to the adventure. They're solid work horses and I think it's the best bike for the trip.

I sold FIVE motorcycles to help make this trip happen.
01 Ducati 748
99 Ducati 996S
06 Yamaha R6S
05 Suzuki SV650
75 Honda CB750F

So what if 2 of them were parts bikes. I sold them to help fund this trip.

I will be in WA eventually but it's going to be quite a while! I'm starting out East coast (MD) and going North, then South, and then zig-zag my way across the US. Anyone who has work for me so I can earn food and gas in your your state, LET ME KNOW! I'll happily turn wrenches on some Integras or , really do just about anything if it keeps the trip going!

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard