Cruise control

heydude348

I have a 2000 gsr and the cruise control does not work. The green dash button comes on but when you press the "set" button on the steering wheel, nothing.Is there a fuse that controls the steering wheel portion or is there something I am missing.

sstein4

I have the same issue on my 96 LS.... from my research, I believe it is the cruise control module, but I have not been able to verify that by finding a replacement module....

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Get a $15 multimeter from Sears and download the Helms from hondahookup. In the manual it describes how to test every wire on the module in order to verify the master switch, steering switches, cruise motor, brake switch, dash light, clutch switch, and if all is well, the module itself (as it was in my case).

If you've never used a multimeter before you will have to read the manual to figure out how to test for ground, battery voltage, and continuity. All VERY simple.

What you DON'T want to do is to start replacing parts randomly and see if it fixes the problem.

If you end up needing to replace the module as I did, I can confirm that although the modules have ecu-specific part numbers, they are interchangeable. You can use any 92-95 or 94-01 Integra module, although I'm not 100% sure whether it matters if it's auto or manual. I'm using a "P28" module on my 97 GSR. My original GSR module said "P72".

sstein4

Get a $15 multimeter from Sears and download the Helms from hondahookup. In the manual it describes how to test every wire on the module in order to verify the master switch, steering switches, cruise motor, brake switch, dash light, clutch switch, and if all is well, the module itself (as it was in my case).

If you've never used a multimeter before you will have to read the manual to figure out how to test for ground, battery voltage, and continuity. All VERY simple.

What you DON'T want to do is to start replacing parts randomly and see if it fixes the problem.

If you end up needing to replace the module as I did, I can confirm that although the modules have ecu-specific part numbers, they are interchangeable. You can use any 92-95 or 94-01 Integra module, although I'm not 100% sure whether it matters if it's auto or manual. I'm using a "P28" module on my 97 GSR. My original GSR module said "P72".

This was incredibly helpful. I created a profile on HondaHookup & downloaded the manual & went through the cruise control section. Now, I just have to wait until I have a mutli-meter & a damn day off to go through the system! lol Thanks, man!