Cruizer's Picture/Restoration/Progress Thread>DA9 Content<

cruizer

I've been on CI for a few months but only posted a few times...I usually never ask questions, I usually just search b/c someone is guaranteed to have the same issue as me....anyway I got this car b/c i was under pressure after some lady totalled my VSM 98 Civic LX. Her insurance company considered it a total loss and paid me for it....after a few months they basically said they were giving me 10 days to find a new car or else no check for me so needless to say this was the best thing at the time.....right now im pretty bored with it b/c its an automatic so I've been repairing/replace things so i can sell/trade it for another DA or maybe a DC but 5 speed this time around.....pics below

Back in March when I picked up the car

Made a dumb decision to swap in rear leather seat from the junkyard:x

Swapped over my fat fives

Washed/Clay bar/Wax

Then decided to paint the valve cover GOLD

Read a DIY and decided to try it...Worked well for clearing out the tail lights

THIS A BIG NO NO GUYS!! (dont remind me) Heated Springs...I got tired of it being called a Acura MDX :evil:

Then came the Prelude Steering wheel I got the idea from HB420's thread on G2IC

"Honda" emblem

Valve cover Installed along with paint matched battery holder

HID's and Yellow bulbs installed----bulbs blew out after a few days so i replaced them with yellow fog light covers

Painted heat shield----needs to be redone in Satin black or flat black

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well welcome and thanks for searching. Most people can't understand that concept. lol

cruizer

Taurus Cup Holder Install

Random Pics that I liked

Spark plug replacement

"H" Emblem and Sunroof Visor installed

Then this happened...hit a ladder, thats right a ladder on the highway....

then this happened too...i was pissed b/c i had to drive like this for a few weeks

Found a fairly new exhaust from a guy from honda-tech and went to the junkyard and got two exhaust tips and went to work on them---he also sold me the sunroof visor for $10

Then 88Rotors came through...EXTREMELY fast shipping

Found an arm rest under the hood of a DA at the junkyard

Randoms again

Corner lights replaced

Rear "H" emblem

cruizer

Replaced Fuel Filter and Distributor "o" ring

Tires matching my wiper blades:D

New seats.....THE BEST BEFORE AND AFTER...I think

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fast forward to a few days ago, I found a "nice" oil pan so i need to change that

How she sits now......

All comments welcomed!

cruizer

I'm loving the progress.
thank you....its been a long time coming lol
lookin good man, keep up the good work and keep us updated!
thanks man....will do:thumbs up
Well welcome and thanks for searching. Most people can't understand that concept. lol
thanks....I get tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over so I have no problem searching, it might take less time to just search than wait for replies lol

wite2nr

very nice car. g2ic is a great site, my fav teg tip is rewiring the fog lights, have you done that? its very simple. your car makes me miss my DA... keep up the good work!

cruizer

very nice car. g2ic is a great site, my fav teg tip is rewiring the fog lights, have you done that? its very simple. your car makes me miss my DA... keep up the good work!
thanks..it really is a good site....yea i think that was the first teg tip I did when i got the car

thats a good looking g2
thanks

not bad....id buy a new suspension for it....then swap it with a hydro swap.
yea im trying to but for now im taking care of the minor issues it has...auto to manual swap was my top priority when I got the car but it never happened cause it became my DD and i dont have the time to go through with it....i was hoping someone who had the knowledge and time to swap it would trade with me lol

cruizer

Future Plans/Projects
-Oil pan/gasket replacement
-Transmission fluid replacement
-Ball joint replacement
-DC or EK sideskirts {might get those this weekend}
-94-95 accord lip
-Tokico HP's w/ H&R race springs or coilovers {not set on that as yet}
-Matching rear seats
-Re-do door panels/arm rest {thinking black suede:D}
-Side moldings
-Detail engine bay
SEAFOAM!

Sammich

i remember seeing this on g2ic..u probably vaguely remember me, but glad to see u made it here, this is 'my new home' even though i dont have a teg anymore lol.

i personally am waiting for hte drop..i know uve heard get one pieces on g2ic, i'm w/ that, but understand if u want the 3piece chicken wing combo lol

cruizer

great pics and nice work
thanks
i remember seeing this on g2ic..u probably vaguely remember me, but glad to see u made it here, this is 'my new home' even though i dont have a teg anymore lol.

i personally am waiting for hte drop..i know uve heard get one pieces on g2ic, i'm w/ that, but understand if u want the 3piece chicken wing combo lol
yea I like this site so I'll be on it more often, as for the drop...me too! lol....theres a guy with a black G2 that works across from where I work and i drive by his car every morning and drool b/c its SLAMMED!....I'm still searching for a good deal on some 1 pieces but these look like one pieces from far....VERY FAR lol