Crx?

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Yep, I gots me a CRX tonight8).

its a 1986,..I'm wondering if this was a mistake due to it being the "older style" and wondering what potential it has,but hey I ended up getting it for FREE,so.,....pics should be soon.

Body looked perfect,missing a front fender,and slight rust spot under "CRX" accross the back panel. It was parked on '05, was overheating and the former owner had the head resurfaced,and was putting it back together,and just never got back around to it. So its mostly complete,and should run when I put it back together. Need to put the dizzy and route the vaccume lines,and go from there..

I'm so excited,should be a fun car either way.

Can I do an LS swap relatively pain free? sorry,I know this is the "lounge" in an integrab oard,but I dont feel like joining a CRX board right now,or dealing with the dicks on hodna-tech

jason.az1

I'm lost!
good find, I been really interested in a crx lately I dunno why. theres a few on CL with swaps and it has me thinking lol but good luck with the head/ if you do a ls swap

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
good find, I been really interested in a crx lately I dunno why. theres a few on CL with swaps and it has me thinking lol but good luck with the head/ if you do a ls swap
I'm buying an LS motorset from someone on the board,bu I started looking at the motor mount sets:shock:

I was hoping people had some info so share,I dont think I'd mind rocking a set of badass carbs for the current engine either,...but I can't seem to come across where to get the intake manis for something like that

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
hows the body perfect with a missing fender and a rust spot? Nice find thou, where did you get it from?

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
hows the body perfect with a missing fender and a rust spot? Nice find thou, where did you get it from?
"perfect" as in looks fantastic for its age,..but like I said,this was at night time with my flashlight, LOL:shock:.

Theres a primer/red Db1 thats been coming into my shop,and I keep trying to buy it,...while chatting with a co-worker,he mentioned a CRX he has,....his wife called the junkyard to tell them to pick it up:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I was like yeah I'll take it off your hands

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
cant beat free... sorta too old school for me, but you can go krazy and do the mo0o0o0ogen route.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Haha,yeah I was looking at the mugen ones,..

I'm wondering,since it should be a d15a,...does that mean I can slap any ol' civic single slammer into there?

Baldy201

You wont find to many parts for that CRX. I had a 87 CRX as my first car and could not find anything. Actually i lied you can find motor mounts to swap in any B-series engine. Look at Hasport's website. Basicly anything that will fit a civic of that gen will fit, mechanically. It is a really fun car, I hope you enjoy it while you have it. I know that I miss mine.

GSratedR

Rated R
i got rid of my civic a while back for a rex. i miss my death box. that sounds like this could be a fun little project and ithe car was free! oh snap.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I wouldn't mind having a CRX. I'd get the later version though. Those things are damn light.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
84-87 will be a nightmare to swap especially if its carburated

they are good for DOHC ZC swaps .... that pretty much the cheapest you can go with those

but yea the 88-91's are nicer overall

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I'd love to have an 88 just cause it would be an Antique next year. So I could have whatever exhaust I want. haha