curious question about auto trans.

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
i did a quick search, didnt see anything related to my question so here goes. so say my auto transmission went out in my 01 integra ls (it didnt im just curious as to how this would play out if it did happen). would it be better to just replace the transmission with another auto or go do a auto to manual conversion. i dont mind auto right now. i do prefer manual though but as of right now im just driving it stock as a work car and some light traveling. so basically i just want to know which option would be cheaper. thanks in advance fellow integra owners/lovers :p

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
Blue, why don't you like conversions?
And I guess id be best to just get a used auto then buy a manual next probably a gsr sedan or tl type s
Would it be bad for the engine to do the swap? Because by then it will be high mileage

drevans_satx

Dylan
Blue, why don't you like conversions?
And I guess id be best to just get a used auto then buy a manual next probably a gsr sedan or tl type s
Would it be bad for the engine to do the swap? Because by then it will be high mileage
Lol gsr sedan and a tl-s are very different :) my next car will be a tl-s..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nick_C78

nothing ever lines up right and there is a lot of stuff that has to be done.
What the hell are you talking about nothing ever lines up right? A manual swap bolts right in. No welding or any special brackets needed. Just get the manual mounts and the trans and itll line up perfectly. To me the hardest part about a conversion is changing out the pedals. That is always a bitch for me.

Nick_C78

... The ones I have done you would never know were once auto... Not sure whose you have driven.