custom shift knob for auto?

mynameisfun

who in their right mind would prefer an auto? stop being a nancy and learn how to drive stick; it's not hard.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
who in their right mind would prefer an auto? stop being a nancy and learn how to drive stick; it's not hard.
Well, usually auto's go for cheap, that's why a lot of people prefer the auto's. That's what I did when I bought my integra! I don't regret it when you get a awesome deal! As long as it looks goods, that's all that counts! You can always swap it to 5spd. when you get tired of it.

pinkley

b@115D33p
Well I prefer this auto because I was tired of paying over $150 a week for gas just to go to work. I found this on craigslist for $2000 and ended up giving $1600 for it. Bought for a GAS SAVER! Knew nothing about these cars and quite frankly never had the intensions to learn about these cars in the past until I bought it. Do I regret buying a auto? Yes! Do I regret saving over $100 a week for gas? Fuck no! I know how to drive a stick, actually the past 2 vehicles I've owned had manual transmissions. So before you assuming things in the future you might want to play lowkey and just keep you mouth shut.

I was trying to be nice about it but I guess sense you decided to be a dick about it ill give you a big FUCK YOU!

Have a nice day!

mynameisfun

Well I prefer this auto because I was tired of paying over $150 a week for gas just to go to work. I found this on craigslist for $2000 and ended up giving $1600 for it. Bought for a GAS SAVER! Knew nothing about these cars and quite frankly never had the intensions to learn about these cars in the past until I bought it. Do I regret buying a auto? Yes! Do I regret saving over $100 a week for gas? f*** no! I know how to drive a stick, actually the past 2 vehicles I've owned had manual transmissions. So before you assuming things in the future you might want to play lowkey and just keep you mouth shut.

I was trying to be nice about it but I guess sense you decided to be a dick about it ill give you a big f*** YOU!

Have a nice day!
team baby over here! ahahaha!:lol:

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
rofl you lose alot of races to automatic cars dont you? i chose an auto because i live in jersey, and I DD my car every day, sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end with a manual transmission gets old real real fast, especially when you modify your car. Not to mention the fact that automatics are the preferred transmission of choice of REAL race cars, I have never seen a manual transmission car that was evenly matched with an automatic car of equal performance beat the auto. They shift faster, and better every single time, no mis shifts, no lag between shifts, and provide better off the line launches then a manual trans could ever provide.

eiznekeM

rofl you lose alot of races to automatic cars dont you? i chose an auto because i live in jersey, and I DD my car every day, sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end with a manual transmission gets old real real fast, especially when you modify your car. Not to mention the fact that automatics are the preferred transmission of choice of REAL race cars, I have never seen a manual transmission car that was evenly matched with an automatic car of equal performance beat the auto. They shift faster, and better every single time, no mis shifts, no lag between shifts, and provide better off the line launches then a manual trans could ever provide.
I agree with everything you said except the launching off the line, torque convertors are a cunt sometimes.

NC3GTEG

Building Kick!
I own a 94 Camaro z28 with an LS1 6-Spd, the car's a monster, it's literally the fastest thing I have ever driven not saying that because I own it.. However, it gets around 14-16MPG City, and MAYBE 18-22 out on the highway/interstate stretched out in 6th Gear!

That being said, I bought my Integra for the Gas Mileage too! I didn't know a thing about Integras or B18's until I purchased my car however, after driving it for a few weeks, and looking up information on the engine and model I have really grown to love the car! I too regret not getting a 5-Spd, and a VTEC however I have about $1,000 in my car as it sits! I don't regret it at all, if I ever get another car it'll be ANOTHER Integra, or possibly an RSX tho I am still in-love with my current ride!

ps; on my last tank i averaged around 33 MPG, and I live in the city!
and I would LOVE to get one of those Shift Boots, where can I place my order? :D

travistrouble

I too have an auto and I think that autos CAN be more efficient in racing, except for the fact that auto integra trannys suck a**

pinkley

b@115D33p
I own a 94 Camaro z28 with an LS1 6-Spd, the car's a monster, it's literally the fastest thing I have ever driven not saying that because I own it.. However, it gets around 14-16MPG City, and MAYBE 18-22 out on the highway/interstate stretched out in 6th Gear!
before i bought the teg i had a 93 ext cab s10 with a semi built 350. it was B!TCH! i regret selling it every day of my life! but i dont regret buying my AUTO teg, i also average around 30-33 mpg. the s10s average was about 15-18 mpg lol

austin148

Austin
im planning on doing a custom sort of a setup for my auto. ill probly finish it this week ill post pics.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Umm, I have. My friend has a 2010 5 spd golf and his cousin just bought a 2010 6 spd auto. Same 170hp in both and his manual trans golf is noticeably faster than the auto. I have no prob with automatics, they're great in traffic, but outside of that I really dont see much if you want to have fun while you drive. Manual puts you more in control with the car, and also makes it fun to do spirited driving which is alot harder to do with an auto. Sure if the auto you're drivin is fast than you can still have some fun but on our cars which aren't that fast, drivin a stick makes our cars a more enjoyable driving experience

Last edited: