Customize Stock Headlight

RonnieJ86

Well I searched all over and there seems to be no black oem headlights for integras unless you go with them halos. I dont really like those too much so I was just going to custimize the originals. Now the question I have is what would be the best paint to use on them without it having look like shit afterwards?

speedin

The Transporter
Just mod the stockers it wont cost you more than $20. I used some Krylon Semi-gloss. I think the semi-gloss looks a bit nicer than the flats. Once you crack open the lens you will see a removable silver trim piece, just paint that whole sucker black.

Now I did just this originally and found that the high beams were still too reflective and bright in the sun next to the lows. So after taking it back apart I saw that the high bean has parts of the reflector that are actually unused in forward light production. Its clear to see these areas. But just to make it cleaner what I did was paint about a half of an inch ring on the highbeam reflector carefully taping off the rest of the reflector behind that half inch mark. Light output was totally un effected.

Pictures....

head-on

RonnieJ86

cool thanks for all the help and info. I also saw that one of the forms says that you should bake them after paint cause of the fumes. about how long should that go for.

speedin

The Transporter
cool thanks for all the help and info. I also saw that one of the forms says that you should bake them after paint cause of the fumes. about how long should that go for.
The baking really is only for separating the lens as the glue they use only can be removed under high heat. As for the curing fumes, with the paint I used it was negligible. I did however let them air dry over night. Really once you bake the headlight the second time to re-seal them you should finish curing the spray paint anyways.

Prozon

Kris
EyeKhan, good job using the search function. I repped you for that. :thumbs up

Black teg

Catch me if you can
No they don't make them for integras. You have to do them your self, by removing the lens and painting them and then resealing the lens back on.