Cv axle and alignment

milano_red

This might be a dumb question, but i was curious if the cv axle throw the front end out of alignment? Or atleast make it pull to one way or another?

Sent from my EVO 3d using tapatalk

Last edited:

milano_red

Well after I adjusted my coilovers I had it aligned, and it still pulls to the right, and I know my driver side axle is going out

BeatBox

Real Good!
Well after I adjusted my coilovers I had it aligned, and it still pulls to the right, and I know my driver side axle is going out

my passenger side cv is going out and so MY car now pulls the right....didnt have that problem before it started to go.

Prozon

Kris
Interesting. There's no logical reason why a CV axle would cause it to pull, not to mention I had pretty much ran my CV axle until it sounded like a rock grinder when you turned.. and it drove straight as could be.

milano_red

Try rotating your tires.
Well the front two are wearing uneven. But according to the shop who aligned it said it was perfect. Only thing was that it had -camber

my passenger side cv is going out and so MY car now pulls the right....didnt have that problem before it started to go.
A logical (in my head) reason that I think that it may be affecting it is with the driver side going bad maybe its putting more pressure/stress on the passenger side, which might make it pull. But then again I don't know a whole lot about this kinda thing...

mjones73

It's not the CV joint, it has no control over the alignment...

What do you mean it has "camber?" Is it still off? That can cause uneven tire wear.

milano_red

I really know I will have to look the the invoice. How would you correct it? A camber kit?

pbteg11

pbteg11
the goal of an alignment is to set the toe to zero not the camber the shop can't adjust that without him havin the kit