CV axle replacement

awright3331

G1 TEG
My axles are popping when i turn at a high speed or corner real quick.. I have to take corners wide and slow, they should be fine as long as i don't turn to hard. Can someone do a tutorial step by step on replacing them, pictures would be nice. If not I'll take them to a mechanic

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
Remove tire then axle nut, might need a torque bar to pop it, if its stubborn use pblaster, then remove caliper then remove rotor, basically that's about it and take some lock rings out and remove the cv axle and then do the reinstall counter-clock wise, but use new hardware like new lock ring and the new axle nut but the new axle will have that and reassemble everything again. Might have skipped a park but it will be filled by co veterans here ;)

roy2486

A remanufactured part should cost you 90-130.00 if you have a everyday vehicle. And expect 1.5 hours of labor depending where you live and where you bring your vehicle that can be 50-120.00 a hour. Don't forget to call your local dealer they might be a bit more but they do have the best equipment.
-----------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
A remanufactured part should cost you 90-130.00 if you have a everyday vehicle. And expect 1.5 hours of labor depending where you live and where you bring your vehicle that can be 50-120.00 a hour. Don't forget to call your local dealer they might be a bit more but they do have the best equipment.
-----------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
That price is wrong @autozone the price is 40 - 60 and you get to get you're core money back, and labor would take a hour or longer if its you're first time, cv axle have lifetime warranty also..

Sent from beyond you're reality using GS3 :)