CX racing..

HooliganSKATE

So I did not listen to others when told to stay away from this company, and am currently regretting that. I was looking for a turbo kit for my integra and figured that this one would be a good choice under $1000 seeing as the company had pictures of the kit installed on an integra I figured this might be a good choice because I didn't want a god speed kit or any of those but couldn't afford a legit kit at the time (which I really should have listened and saved up more). They claimed a few things as far as the kit goes, and they definitely were not true at all.. The pictures of the kit installed on the car showed that they were installed and fit with A/C and Power steering, both of which I wanted to keep seeing as my car is my daily driver. Just recently about two weeks ago I installed this kit on my car and realized that I should have gone with a different kit for sure. They stated in the listing that "Our New Products are developed in the US on our own race cars, fully Tested with fitment and Performance. Dyno and Track Proven" which very well could be true and they are just very bad at reproducing products once they have made one of them, or they really don't pay attention to what they send out when they sell a turbo kit. They very well could just be s*** at making turbo kits and making sure all the kits are the same. I'm 99% sure there is ZERO quality control with this company concidering how bad some of the parts are made, and how none of my intercooler piping seems to be the right bends.

When I installed the kit a few weeks ago, I quickly realized that there were going to be some fitment issues. A total of one of the intercooler pipes fit they way it was supposed to, and the turbo did not fit with how the stock radiator fan set up was ( only solution was mounting a 12" mishimoto fan shroud in the front of the Radiator as a pusher). Once I finally worked out that the turbo could now fit with the manifold on, I realised the down pipe was way too long, and not even the correct angle to fit up with anything seeing as it was hitting on the AC compressor and was about 3" longer than it was supposed to be. The manifold isn't great because of the way it was cast, there are imperfections on the outer edges where the oil dip stick lies coming up in between the manifold and the head, so the dip stick hardly fits into it's hole where it normally goes and bumps on the manifold. It fits in there now, but not all that good at all. Due to how the manifold was made, the turbo sits VERY close to the AC and Power steering lines, and most all the mounts for those lines had to be removed and mounted other ways so that they aren't destroyed from the turbo's heat. All these lines are going to need to be wrapped in heat resistant stuff like the tape or wrap type stuff.

As of right now in order to make this kit work I have had to have the shop that is tuning my car modify the downpipe, make all new intercooler piping, and I will need to make more modifications when I get my car back from the tune, such as dremeling out the imperfections on the manifold of extra material, and i'm sure there will be more. This is costing me an extra $700 roughly to get the intercooler piping re made and the down pipe fixed. If I would have used that money towards getting a good kit in the first place I would have been so much better off. This is my only car and I planned all of this very meticulously a month in advance so I could be sure to have it all done and tuned in less than a week, and because of this kit not working the way it's supposed to I have now been without a car for almost two weeks which has been pretty difficult working out getting to college and work.

Please nobody comment on this thread telling me how dumb it was of me for getting this kit, I already am well aware. I'm simply making this post because I want people in the future to realize what they are in for before purchasing this kit or any others like it. All of the other parts in the kit seem ok, but I'll see for sure once I can go watch it get tuned tomorrow or next week. I realize that most turbo kits you purchase will need some sort of modification or work, but when companies claim "slight modification may be necessary", that to me doesn't mean, "Purchase our intercooler kit, then pay to have all the piping re made!". I'll post up a build thread with full pictures when I get my car back and will edit the link into this thread so people are able to see what all needed done exactly.

Evan

cvcrcr99

While they do R&D here in the states, manufacturing is overseas. Tolerances are thrown out the window and jigs are poorly made I would imagine, causing inconsistencies. They can fit whatever they want on a car in the shop, but if there are no critical dimensions that have to be checked, fitment is going to vary.

Good luck with everything OP

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear man. I helped a friend who purchased an intercooler kit from them. While the core and mounting tabs seemed ok, the tubing was exactly as you claim. It really just appeared they threw in a bunch of random bends and shapes and assumdc you might be able to make it work if it was random enough. We ended up mounting the core and custom building the tubing as well. It was a joke, none of the supplied parts could be arranged to where they even almost work.

The best advice I could provide, just stay in school man and don't get a generic crap degree. Your budgets will soon be much more friendly to your desires.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Sucks, dude. Good to hear you take responsibility and that you're more understanding of why things cost so much. Good luck with everything, bro

HooliganSKATE

I'm glad I'm not the only person that had this issue haha. Thanks man, I've been working on my mechanical engineering degree so soon enough ill be getting an entry level job while I finish school where ill have enough money to supply my addiction ;)

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I dont like to read alot, but I do like to help people. So just itemize your problem list and pause on spending anymore money in the meantime until we this sorted out. Better yet just start a thread in the FI forum and post pics. I saw $700 for intercooler piping in there. lol I can def help you.

XjoEnX

Sorry to hear about your trouble Evan. :( I hope you get it worked out soon

Cliffs for the lazy:
-Owner bought turbo kit from CX Racing
-Item not as advertised to fit with AC and PS intact
-"Our New Products are developed in the US on our own race cars, fully Tested with fitment and Performance. Dyno and Track Proven" turned out to be a lie with poor fitment and incorrect bends on intercooler pipes
-Turbo did not clear radiator when it was advertised as it does, modification required
-Downpipe was too long to bolt on
-Poorly constructed turbo manifold with oil dipstick clearance issues (think surface imperfections like warts on the skin)
-AC/PS lines had to be slightly relocated to prevent burning from the manifold/turbo
-Owner now has to spend an extra $700 at his own expense to modify the kit to fit

HooliganSKATE

Sorry to hear about your trouble Evan. :( I hope you get it worked out soon

Cliffs for the lazy:
-Owner bought turbo kit from CX Racing
-Item not as advertised to fit with AC and PS intact
-"Our New Products are developed in the US on our own race cars, fully Tested with fitment and Performance. Dyno and Track Proven" turned out to be a lie with poor fitment and incorrect bends on intercooler pipes
-Turbo did not clear radiator when it was advertised as it does, modification required
-Downpipe was too long to bolt on
-Poorly constructed turbo manifold with oil dipstick clearance issues (think surface imperfections like warts on the skin)
-AC/PS lines had to be slightly relocated to prevent burning from the manifold/turbo
-Owner now has to spend an extra $700 at his own expense to modify the kit to fit
Hey thanks man!

HooliganSKATE

I just want to thank you personally muckman for answering so many questions for me all the time in the past. What's done is done and i have no way around spending the money that I have to spend on this one. You pay for your own mistakes I suppose. But ill have a build thread up sometime soon and you can take a look at all the stuff I did and see what you helped out with (possibly unintentionally)

tork_sd89

Baywatch
It's been over a month and they still haven't replied to my email with questions. I guess I knew too much and knew what to look out for so they just decided to say fuck that guy haha. Sorry about you experience man.

HooliganSKATE

It's been over a month and they still haven't replied to my email with questions. I guess I knew too much and knew what to look out for so they just decided to say f*** that guy haha. Sorry about you experience man.
stay away from it man!! It's bad news! I'm glad they didn't respond to your email so now you know not to buy a kit from them and you can save yourself a WHOLE lotta hassle! hahaha

tork_sd89

Baywatch
stay away from it man!! It's bad news! I'm glad they didn't respond to your email so now you know not to buy a kit from them and you can save yourself a WHOLE lotta hassle! hahaha
Haha true the shitty customer service made me say F that. I was considering Godspeed because I personally know somoen running their kit daily driven for over a year but if I go boost I'll save up for the go-autoworks kit

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I was actually in their so cal warehouse staring at the f*** ton of parts around and thinking to myself... .'look at all these grenades'. Remember that picture i posted on facebook? Most people have said their piping and ic are ok to use but it seems the piping isnt even up to par. Still piping is just piping and you can get that and the ic for cheap but the turbo is one thing i would absolutely not cheap out on. 700-800 for a turbo is not bad (gt25 as recommended in the FI thread recently).

Their hoses and couplings are fine. lol