d.i.y polished blades

oppi-10

yin yin
I decided to make a diy thread because all the ones i found on here the pictures are missing, my blades werent too bad but they had alittle bit of curbage on them and the clear was wearing off,

Before:

and heres everything i used, i started off with 150 grit sandpaper to get the clear and curb rash off, then i moved up to 400 grit dry, then worked my way up to 800,1000,and finished off with 2000. from 800 on i wetsanded. one of the mods can sticky it if they want i wont delete the pictures

what they looked like when sanded down with the 150 grit (dry)

skipped a few stages but there wasnt a big difference in the pictures between grits so i just skipped to the final 2000 wet sand, and heres what it looked like out in the sun

and with the polish on

and heres the final product! im happy with how they turned out, takes a long ass time, took me about 6-7 hours per wheel... If anyone has anything else to add feel free!

oppi-10

yin yin
they look awesome man, if my curbage wasnt really deep i would do this.
the pictures make the curbage not look too bad but it was alot worse then it looks, it takes awhile to get the aluminum all even, i went dow to 80 grit on the curbage i showed

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
how did you apply the polish? i usually use princess auto polishing kit with the black/brown/white polishing bars and use a drill with a buffing bit and just cut into the aluminum. takes a long time.

oppi-10

yin yin
just got a rag with that mothers polished wiped it on like wax covered the whole wheel then just wiped it off like wax, i was amazed how good it worked, like the polish wasnt even on there for a minute

Joshmmc

:shock:

I had no idea it took so long to polish wheels. A 25 hour project.. that's insane. They look great though.

oppi-10

yin yin
:shock:

I had no idea it took so long to polish wheels. A 25 hour project.. that's insane. They look great though.
well some people might be quicker then me too though, i was pretty picky i wanted to make sure they turned out like better then new

lv4sndz

Did you ever think of clearing them????? Oh and the sanding did you do that bye hand? I have a tiny little electric sander that has a foam pad and i imagine that would take a lot less time.
Mike G.

oppi-10

yin yin
Did you ever think of clearing them????? Oh and the sanding did you do that bye hand? I have a tiny little electric sander that has a foam pad and i imagine that would take a lot less time.
Mike G.
yea i thought about clearing them but i dont wanna screw them up then have to start over, and yea i did it by hand, i figured it'd make everything more even, it doesnt take long for things to get out of hand with a electric sander

lv4sndz

yea i thought about clearing them but i dont wanna screw them up then have to start over, and yea i did it by hand, i figured it'd make everything more even, it doesnt take long for things to get out of hand with a electric sander
This is true, i hav a set of 05 civic EX wheels on my teg and i thought about doing this to them, well at least the center section.
Mike G.