Da9 LS/T "Automatic" Build Questions

94dc4

My name matches again lol
I just looked it up, 3400 or something thats not bad considering it would help so much.

I couldn't find any videos of it though
$3400 could get you a manual DA9 or DC4 (paid $1500 for both) and enough to replace the clutch and timing belt, along with turbo and tune (at least turbo, lol). Hell, it'll at least be enough for a manual swap.

Bottom line, only certain cars actually do well with boost on an automatic. An Integra isn't one of them.

Carino

The Rican
yeah... ima go head and go with it... right now im lookin in to the best turbo to use for it and a fuel managment system.... any suggestions... ill post the one im thinkin about going with
EDIT:
Vortech FMU 12.1
T04E Turbo

input/ thoughts

random noob question... is it a good idea to change out the flywheel on an auto? u can use the same flywheels used for 5 speeds right?

Last edited:
yeah... ima go head and go with it... right now im lookin in to the best turbo to use for it and a fuel managment system.... any suggestions... ill post the one im thinkin about going with
EDIT:
Vortech FMU 12.1
T04E Turbo

input/ thoughts

random noob question... is it a good idea to change out the flywheel on an auto? u can use the same flywheels used for 5 speeds right?
Personally, I stay away from FMU. Get a better fuel pump and larger injectors if you need more fuel flow.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
OP, I was looking over you setup and Idk if it's a good idea to run a 3" downpipe to a 2.5" exhaust. :what:

So are you still going with the Level 10 trans?

Btw what are you tuning on?

OP, I was looking over you setup and Idk if it's a good idea to run a 3" downpipe to a 2.5" exhaust. :what:

Agreed. Never go down in diameter as you go farther back. Stay the same diameter or go larger, but don't go more than necessary.

Carino

The Rican
Personally, I stay away from FMU. Get a better fuel pump and larger injectors if you need more fuel flow.
k thank you very much i was going to get a walbro255 reguardless now ill jus do research on wut enjectors to use

no im not going level 10 route... im looking for parts online... but my uncle is a mechanic and has alot of connections so ima see wut he can come up for me... im wondering if it would be possible to fabicate a gate shifter... i still have to run things through him so he can inform me... only problem is im off at college

as far as the exhaust thats wut the electronic cut out( http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Electric-Exhaust-Cutouts/1231909/10002/-1 ) is for... for open headers so it wont even go through the rest of the exhaust... but im probely gonna get 3in all the way back cuz its not like i can constantly drive around like that cuz of cops and opening up potentials of future problems.... but i was thinkin bout for dd having it closed and racing with it open... will that be too much back pressure 3in to 2.5 as a dd and not really steppin on it

hondata
dont some tuning not work for automatics? i believe i heard that but i might of miss heard

Last edited:

Carino

The Rican
any suggestions where to get type-r parts other than a dealership? and wuts the prices through a dealership roughly? cams, valves, springs, ect

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Craislist.org

Always cheap used Type R parts on there.

And you should never ever ever bottleneck your exhaust. If you're running a 3" dp and test pipe, you NEED to run a 3" exhaust unless you want to run into a whole bunch of issues.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
i had a 1992 Accord that I turbo'd on a VERY low budget. Got it running 8-10psi with just bolting on the turbo... No fuel changes, air, anything.

Long story short... BOOM!

Carino

The Rican
Craislist.org

Always cheap used Type R parts on there.

And you should never ever ever bottleneck your exhaust. If you're running a 3" dp and test pipe, you NEED to run a 3" exhaust unless you want to run into a whole bunch of issues.
k thank you very much... would a 2.5in downpipe be ok? or will i lose a good amount of power off of it?
i had a 1992 Accord that I turbo'd on a VERY low budget. Got it running 8-10psi with just bolting on the turbo... No fuel changes, air, anything.

Long story short... BOOM!
yeah i dont want that to happen to me :( lol

Last edited: