Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/21/12: Well I finally got the motor out and apart to see what went wrong with it. Sadly it was the one thing I didnt want it to be, a spun bearing. I am going to send the bottom end out to Laskey Racing sometime this week to have it put back together. The oil smelled like straight c16 so I am leaning towards the idea that the rings got washed out when I was having flooding issues caused by a faulty distributor and just broke down the oil causing the bearing to spin. Heres a pic of the damage:

Last edited:

redGSRguy

How much power were you putting down before she let go? Such a bummer when it blows, but just come back next season with a vengance!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Idk what power levels were at, we had the boost turned up to 30psi on c16 lol. I would guesstimate 700's but I dont realy pay a whole lot of attention to what a dyno says. They are just a tuning tool, you get a better idea of how much power you have by time slips lol. Just gave me an excuse to do soem things differently this time around

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/24/12: I'm going, going...back, back...to Cali, Cali!! Today I pakcaged up my motor to send it back out to Laskey Racing in Anaheim. Hopefully it comes back soon as I would like to have it all back together by Christmas

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/30/12: While checking my email I open one from Phearable.net, apparently they were on crack while sending out emails. In the email it states they have 70mm throttle bodies on sale for $69 shipped, without a hesitation I bought 2 haha. Now I know I don't need 2 throttle bodies, but again, they were $69 a piece so I will probablly either sell one or give it to my buddy who tunes my car as a Christmas present haha.

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
Can't wait to see this car up and running again...

Sent from your mom's room using Tapatalk

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Thanks, I am pretty anxious as well. The engine arrives to Laskey tomorrow according to UPS, shouldn't be too long from then til its done. I still got a lot of things I want to do yet over the winter but making progress! BTW Charlie I liked your cars page. The link to my "crew" "team", whatever you wanna call us is in my signature, give us a like!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/31/12: Well I just got heart breaking news. Basically the Integra's motor is trashed, needs 4 pistons, bored out .5mm, honed, surfaced, 1 rod, a crank, bearings, rings, gaskets oh yeah and a new water pump. Not real sure what I am going to do now...Honestly the cylinders needing bored is my fault. I sprayed the motor off prior to shipping it, it must've stil had some water in the sleeves and once it was in the tote it caused them rust. Consider it a lesson learned here folks!

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well after taking some deep breaths, talking ot my wife, Mike Laskey and my dad who is my voice of reasoning....I have decided to continue on with this car. I am going to change up a couple things internally. It will now be 84.5mm bore rather than the 84mm and instead of 9:1 compression I am going with 10:1. Gonna try getting this bad boy to spool quicker and broaden the power band.

I just wanna take a second to say thank you to Mike Laskey@ Laskey Racing for coming through in the clutch yet again on this damn build. He is hooking me up bigtime in order for this thing to move forward. If you ever have a motor built I would highly suggest you look into this man doing it!

I also wana say thanks to my dad for these genius words earlier to me: "So let me get this straight, you want to throw away 20k, over 2k? That seems logical to me"....gotta love a smart ass dad who knows which buttons to push on you haha

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Be thankful you didn't spin a main baring. What oil clearance were you running on the rod bearings? Which rod was it? And how did the other rod bearings look? Are both intake and exhaust valves oversized 0.5mm?

You don't HAVE to go up a size. A good hone will take care of that and you'll just have looser p2w.

FYI: I also trapped 129 in my full weight integra (2600lbs) with 450hp observed so you would have been in that ball park.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
It was the #3 rod that it happened to, the other bearings looked fine. Yes both intake and exhaust are oversized.

I am sticking with what my builder reccomends on this one ya know. Plus I already have the 84mm's sold now so not a big loss there.

My teg weighs more than that lol, its a 4dr. Factory weight is 2765lbs, you throw me in there, which II weigh damn near 300lbs and i a 10point in it. with full interior and its a pig. My fatass has been in the gym the last 2 weeks tryin to shed 30lbs, gonna try shedding some weight from the car as well to get it down on weight.

Who knows what power I was at, dyno's vary so much, on 17psi and pump it made 517 SAE corrected on a dynojet, on a dyno dynamics it made 400 on same tune lol..I have buddies that make "450hp" and trap 9-12mph less than I do haha. So many variables like I said to realy determine power levels.

Last edited: