Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have to take the rear window back out to re-do the quarter panel. The car is getting a completely different paint scheme over winter. I ended up at the track yesterday, the car gave me fits the 1st to qualifying rounds, which put me in a hole. Blew a charge pipe off in round 1, ran a blistering 14.0@77mph. Round 2 my VSS went haywire and I ran 12.6@99mph. This put me 12th in the class, having to go against a CRX that ran 10.1. I got him off the tree, but his car was must faster than mine, I went 11.1@141mph. Did a test and tune pass hoping to go faster than 10.9, only to go 11.1@142 LOLOLOL!! The car has the MPH to go really fast, I just need more seat time in it.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Tonight I came home and with assistance from my buddy, we was able to get the 1/4 panel off the parts car I picked up. I was originally going to start fixing the body this week on my car, however that plan has changed as I am now going to run again at our local test and tune next month. So the month of November will be spent getting the body all straightened out and atleast back in primer hopefully.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
You got a f***ing 14.0 @ 77 and I'm running 14.5 @ 104. I suck, haha.
14.0 at 77 usually means it was shut down early and coasted. You're high mph is caused from wheel spin because of the tires, not your fault, man.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Went back to the track today and went faster. Blew the tires off in 1st and had the VSS engage 2 step around 1000ft mark, so it was not a clean pass at all

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The rebuild has began! I contemplated swapping every thing over into an EG hatch and just calling it done on the 4dr. After sitting on that idea for a week or so, I am not able to part ways with the DB. For whatever reason, I love this car and would rather keep going on ward with it, than start with a different chassis.

So, with that said I got to work today. Both doors were damaged when I wrecked the car, so I had to get those off. Let me tell you how fun the rear door was not to get off. It's a good thing I don't skip leg day and have some ass behind me. I had to kick the shit out of the door along with my cousin. After about 20-30 minutes of kicking, it finally popped open and was able to be pulled off. The next step is to get the rear glass pulled once again and get the quarter panel off and replaced. My goal is to have this car completely back together, done 100% by Honda Day in Jersey next spring. I have been wanting to attend a Honda Day for a long time and I think 2016 is the year I finally do it.

We are cutting the doors to save some weight, I will post pictures of that tomorrow. Also the window motors have been taken out, this car is now a full fledged racecar, it doesn't need that shit

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
It's actually a 5 point and the NHRA seems to think it's safe as it's up to their standards for the times I run. If I had an 8 second car it would probably be a different story.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well, it's the end of an era folks. After much debate and talking with my wife, we have decided that a different chassis is the best option for us. The cost of fixing the Integra, if I could even find someone willing to take on the challenge, was more costly than to buy a whole new setup. It's been a fun ride the last 6 years with the Integra and I am sure I will miss it from time to time. I am not sure just yet, what the fate of it is exactly, but I know it will no longer be my racecar.

With that said, let me introduce you to the new chassis.

The car has a turbo b16 (piston/rod setup) in it. We are going to pull that set up out and put it in my wifes recently acquired EF hatch. My 700+ setup is going in the hatch and the quest for 9's is about to get real.

Thank you to all who have followed this build, how ever long it's been on here. Hoepefully somewhere along the way I have inspired at least 1 person to not only build their 4dr but their car in general. I will have some parts for sale in the near future, so make sure you check the classifieds as Ill post here first.

Last edited: