Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

redGSRguy

Looking good! Don't rush and forget anything tho! I've seen my friend's always forget things since they are working on the car at 3am in the morning!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha I know this car like the back of my hand, however I am not going to make the race this weekend. So no rushing will be had

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
6/19/13: Yesterday I was in a mood to spend a little bit of money so I hit up Greg from Go-Autoworks....again haha. I picked up a new oil feed line and velocity stack. The best part is I got it to my door the very next day!

In other news I have been bracket racing the wife's Civic and finished 2nd the other night. Gives me an excuse to post a pic of my little guy, he was so pumped that he got a "trophy" for his room.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have been up to my neck with school and life in general, thus the Integra has been put on the back burner. Well since I am on a 2 week break from school and the wife is understanding of my addiction, I went and put in work on the car tonight. I was able to get the car 99% of the way done. The only thing left to do is run the exhaust, wire it up and get to tuning

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
My buddy and teammate started working on my downpipe for me. It helps having one of our team members who works in a welding/fab shop let me tell ya. I was also going through my shed today and found an All In Fab ecu stay in a tote. I had forgotten all about having it, I think I will put it to use in my car.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
For me they are, since the turbo sits back behind the intercooler. This is my first time using one on a turbo setup so I will let you know any positives/negatives that I come across.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Took my car and dropped it off at the tuners today. Going to hopefully pick it up next friday and head over to the track to get some seat time and dial her in

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Sadly no :( It was discovered that the flanges on the turbo manifold were warped, so they had to be milled. Waiting on that to get finished, the downpipe to get finished, new wheel bearings and extended studs to be pressed in (those get done tomorrow) and then it will finally be able to start up and tune. The shitty part is IFO is this coming Sunday and I am trying to make it there to race, I was really hoping to have the car done by now so I could get some seat time. I may also end up having to buy a bigger intercooler, we believe my current one was maxxed out last year, so might be dropping $500 on a Precision 750 that I didn't expect to be doing....ah the joys of building cars!