Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

Jabes

Damn that sucks, why not just get a mishimoto? or still too small? Always something fun tho, good luck

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I may also end up having to buy a bigger intercooler, we believe my current one was maxxed out last year, so might be dropping $500 on a Precision 750 that I didn't expect to be doing....ah the joys of building cars!
What are your IATs? Id say just spray it down on the dyno bc it wont get as heat soaked at the track with proper air flow and not running back to back as you do on the dyno.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
What are your IATs? Id say just spray it down on the dyno bc it wont get as heat soaked at the track with proper air flow and not running back to back as you do on the dyno.
IAT's are below 100, just not sure what the hp rating on the intercooler is. I bought it used and was off a supposed 600hp car. Last year on the dyno, the car would not make any more power after 24psi no matter what they changed. The only other thing I could think of was maybe the cams were just done at that point or the motor was on it's last leg, I mean it did blow up a few weeks later (spun a bearing) after being abused for 2 1/2 years. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I get word back from the tuner

Muckman

Not a M0derator
That usually means back pressure is peaking. 100* IAT is good. If your IATs are not spiking then the intercooler isn't holding you back. Look into running an EMAP sensor on the turbo manifold. You'll see exhaust pressure climb above intake pressure above 24psi. And that's when you stop making power. Sometimes you can retard the exhaust cam to combat back pressure by reducing overlap. You can also try a larger AR turbine housing but ultimately you are likely maxing out the flow on your turbine wheel.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Just weird that the turbo would be maxed out at 24psi when they are known to run 30-35psi all day long. Its the 6262 with .82ar housing, I did have 01 ITR cams in the car last year as well.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Just some recent pictures of the car. It's still at the tuners, have had nothing but 1 problem after another out of this bastard lol. Right now we are dealing with a lack of tach signal to the dizzy.

OneFastGSR

Hey josh I got a question about laskeyracing/portflow. How much do they flow out of a gsr head? For example 4 piston racing has 295 CFM @ .500, 300 CFM @ .550 on stock size valve. I been trying to decide who to send my head to.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I am honeslty not sure, they aren't the ones who did my head porting. That would be a question best asked by Mike Laskey

714-688-0222

I do know we are planning on taking an ITR and H22 head over to 4 Piston in the near future to have them work their magic on. They are a lot closer to us than Anaheim California is, we're just gonna drive over to drop them of and then have them ship em back to us

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I also had a tach signal issue with my CPR. Are the engine harness and distributor both OBD1?

OneFastGSR

Yeah i'm driving distance to T1 (300 miles~) so they're helping me alot, Especially since I know 3 people that work there I been getting some good deals. I'm just weary about shipping my head out. I don't want it to get damaged in shipping. 4 piston seems like the place to go for porting though. I'm not sure what I want to do, Lol. I might even just drop it off at T1. What cams are you using in your setup? I wanted to go skunk2 pro 1's but my buddy at T1 gave me a set of Crower full race stage 3 all motor/turbo drag cams for $200 so I went with those. Lol. I got my block all figured out I think. Head is next on my list after I do my block so I'm just seeing all my different shop options and who can do the best work for the ammount of $ basically

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah i'm driving distance to T1 (300 miles~) so they're helping me alot, Especially since I know 3 people that work there I been getting some good deals. I'm just weary about shipping my head out. I don't want it to get damaged in shipping. 4 piston seems like the place to go for porting though. I'm not sure what I want to do, Lol. I might even just drop it off at T1. What cams are you using in your setup? I wanted to go skunk2 pro 1's but my buddy at T1 gave me a set of Crower full race stage 3 all motor/turbo drag cams for $200 so I went with those. Lol. I got my block all figured out I think. Head is next on my list after I do my block so I'm just seeing all my different shop options and who can do the best work for the ammount of $ basically
I have Pro1's, if you package it properly it shouldn't get damaged. I shipped mine clear across the country (3,000 miles) and back with no issues. Lots of padding inside the box and cut it down so the head doesn't bounce around. You could also look at putting it inside of a rubber tote as well

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The CPR tach output wire should replace the blue tach wire on the distributor side of the connector so it feeds into the engine harness.

OneFastGSR

I still have my daddy built racing sticker I won off facebook sitting in my room. My car literally hasn't ran since before I won that sticker or it'd be on the car. Lol