Dammit! this blows....

jhun87

94 Ls
So I started on my car to replace the oil pan.. it started easy and all and took all bolts except for thr last 2. But the things is....the clutch case cover is covering those last 2 bolts! ..and so I tried taking the bolts out on the cover and this one bolt... one bolts just won't budge! i'm getting pissed... i tried everything but just didn't work and I don't want to strip the bolt... This was an easy job until that plate cover went in the picture...:evil: :cry:

jznsn2u

Did you drain the oil? If you didn't, the weight of the oil pan would be resting on that 1 bolt :shock:.

jhun87

94 Ls
Did you drain the oil? If you didn't, the weight of the oil pan would be resting on that 1 bolt :shock:.
Yessir! the oil pan bolts are good.... its the cluth cover thats blocking the last 2 bolts of the oil pan.. BUT, the clutch cover bolts is freakin tight like butthole! and I can't get it to turn... I ain't got no money to take it to the shop!! :cry:

embr

If your using a combination wrench wrap the wrench heads tightly with a little teflon tape so you get a snug fit without stripping it, get a short piece of pvc pipe to use as a cheater bar and get some leaverage, that should do it.

embr

Also tightening a tiny bit can help loosen it

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
So you are not able to remove a bolt on the cover, right? Have you tried penetrating oil? Spray it, give it 5-10 min and then do it again.

Make your ratchet a little longer with a piece of rigid conduit, known a 'cheater' bar and then apply moderate force in short bursts, essentially 'bouncing' on the handle. That will keep you from breaking the head off with the previously mentioned impact gun, as well as save you some bloody knuckles.

good luck

94LS-TEG

Non-Vtec
Or tap on the head lightly with a hammer. I learned this when working in an auto shop to remove tight bolts that other wise wouldnt turn.

96GSRteg

Tyler
penetrating oil and tighten it a little then loosen it a little. Repeat this is small amounts combined with a breaker bar should work. I literally just changed my pan gasket a week ago and it works like a charm.

ps dont forget to clean everything off before you reapply the gasket. and use the correct bolt tightening patterns! Good luck!