Damn can i be an idiot!

XxCaryxX

So, poor fuel mileage (less than like 15mpg) blah blah blah, right? I am thinking injectors, fuel pressure regulator....

Turns out it was the F'ING AIR FILTER! Borrowed a friends (he has a spare cheapy one) until friday when i can order my short ram

Cory, the retard.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
...wow... you made a thread just to call yourself a retard... guess i dont have to do it for you

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I can't believe a bad air filter can rob more than 10 MPG. Insane if you ask me. What kind of SRI are you planning to get?

XxCaryxX

AEM (polished) cuz on jdmultimate i can get it for 107.48 + shipping. I would get an Injen but its too much for me atm. Just selling my old 360 to a friend for 150 bucks and ordering my short ram. But seriously i was getting 15 mpg Highway... I just kept thinking "Meh, ill get around to it and replace the filter soon" sure enough, a clean crappy cone borrowed from a friend bumped me back up to 30 mpg

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
thats hard to believe... if i were you i would do a full tune up while im at it cause ive never heard of a filter doing THAT much

XxCaryxX

Lets put it this way... I pulled the OEM tube off with the AEM filter i HAD on it to look @ my throttle body and it was dirty as hell in the OEM intake tube as well as the throttle body so i cleaned it all up and made it purdy

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
thats hard to believe... if i were you i would do a full tune up while im at it cause ive never heard of a filter doing THAT much
I agree. A tune up should help with your MPG problem. Distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. Also, check if your fuel pump is working okay.

XxCaryxX

Well its got a brand new distributor setup ( as in the whole 9 yards) cuz i replaced them ab a year ago and had a manufacturer fault in the dizzy and got it all replaced for free and that was approx 2 months ago. My guess is its not quite timed right.

XxCaryxX

But im thinking spark plugs / plug wires and the works wouldnt hurt cuz the car has been running like shit for a while and now it runs fine (but im guessing thats in comparison to what its been like lol)

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I agree. A tune up should help with your MPG problem. Distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. Also, check if your fuel pump is working okay.
Also make sure your tires are properly inflated and not out of alignment.