DB8 what to do

Nismor

So I wrecked my j front gsr and in looking in the wonderful world of Craigslist for a new used front I found a 98 DB8 shell clean title. So I picked it up (idky) so I bought a new radiator support and just swapped the front end to my wrecked car. So now I'm left with a DB8 shell. The more I look at it the more I see potential but I also see a money pit. So my question is should I do just rebuild it or go crazy and spend a pretty penny on a k swap?

slowtec

Internet Tough Guy
I guess, the key is how much time can you let it sit on the back burner? If the answer is indefinitely, than it probably won't ever be a true money pit. The longer I can wait out Craigslist or parts yards, the greater the chance I'll happen upon the pieces I need for a good price. If I have to get it done this week, today, ASAP... the cost to complete increases exponentially.

For instance, my wife wrecked her car. It was an 04, I bought it in 09 for next to nothing because the interior was rough (guy was a tradesman and it was his commuter car). I put a lot of man hours into making it nice again. Well, I figured I could spend 3-4k to fix it by ordering parts or I could wait for parts to come up for sale. We replaced her car and went on our way. After a few years I finally found a similar year, same color, blown engine on Craigslist. Bought it for $300 and than probably spent another $200 in parts, fuel, and misc getting it all sorted. Yesterday morning I drove it to DEQ and got it tested and it passed and I am getting it Rego'd this next week.

Patience pays off.

Nismor

At the moment I don't have any money to do anything I just want a little help in making up my mind on what to do. That way I can start to to save money for the project. I'm in no rush to get this car running.

cvcrcr99

I dont understand. Swap everything to the chassis that isnt fucked and scrap the shell that was wrecked.

Nismor

The wrecked car is fixed now all it needed was a rad support and bumper support which I got from the db8 shell but now I'm left with the db shell. That's what I need help with but I think I'm just putting in the original gsr motor in there and calling it a day

Nismor

Now I'm in search of a jdm motor since it seams so much easier to get I live in modesto ca anyone know any place around here or a trust worthy website to maybe order a motor?