Dc Integra Tein ss no lower shock mount nut?

Blk_DC

About to install my Tein SS that I purchased used, but came to realize there isn't a lower shock mount nut.. Is this normal on some suspensions? I didn't pay attention to it untill now.. I always thought the nut was attached to the mounting fork..

Last edited:

Blk_DC

Yes its normal sum rear shocks have the nut nd sum jst don't..
oh okay thanks.. do they sell just the nut? because oem shocks have the nut on the shock itself... or does anyone know of the thread/pitch/size of the nut and I could maybe get one a lowes?

I am confused because I won't be able to tighten down the shock the the lca without that nut..

Blk_DC

update:

well the OEM thread/pitch bolt/nut size is a Hex head m10x1.25 [75-85mm long for the bolt]..(if not oem the BOLT must be a grade 8 or higher..

honda/acura dealer shipps near me were asking almost 15$( for one bolt.. but if you are lucky you may find the correct size bolt/nut at a local hardware store, some have, my self have not..

I ended up just buying a grade 5 m10x1.25 nut and will be reusing the stock oem bolt since it is still in good shape.

Now that this is settled its time for me to install my Teins along with my Energy supension master bushing kit & rear trailing arm bushings!