DC Integra

stormnorman

so my friend buys herself a red 94 acura integra. automatic with over 150,000 miles. spent 4700. i explain to her how she could of spent less money on an integra especially automatic! and she says "well i knew it was overpriced" so then i go and ask her why did she go for it if she knew it was over priced?? and her response was "because it is in such good shape and the interior is spotless"... WoW:roll:! i didnt want her to feel bad so i just stopped the conversation after she said that. i mean it does look clean but i would not have spent that much. im in so much shock that i need some re-assurance that was no doubt not the best deal for her when buying a standard auto integra from you guys.

her car:

00DC2TW

Yes that is overpriced, even if it was a GSR it would be too much for the year and mileage

Teggy64

Got vtec?
it's clean, but not $4700 clean. She got ripped off.

72Spitfire

These cars keep going up in price...thats a good thing. That is a bit much to pay but it's clean. I wish i could buy a low mileage Type R, fill the engine to the top with oil, put it on blocks, wrap it in cellophane and put it in my garage for 20 years. Sell it for 100K 20 years from now :)

michaelz

These cars keep going up in price...thats a good thing. That is a bit much to pay but it's clean. I wish i could buy a low mileage Type R, fill the engine to the top with oil, put it on blocks, wrap it in cellophane and put it in my garage for 20 years. Sell it for 100K 20 years from now :)
if only that were to happen. no japanese car would go up to those levels unless it was a one off car with less than 500 built (aka the Toyota 2000GT)

there have been countless limited run special editions of recent cars but they will never be worth that much because they are still based on a mass produced model where as the 2000GT wasn't.

mirrorimg

Where did she buy it from, a private seller or a small car lot dealership? If its the latter, then I would expect that price. They probably bought it themselves for $3500 and are trying to make some profit.

WAR 178

Premium User
dealer or private seller....either way it was way overpriced for its year and mileage. If that car were to be totaled 5 seconds after being bought, the insurance company would only give $2800 for it on the high end. I had the same exact LS 95' that I had bought THAT CLEAN in 05-06 and paid $1250 from a private seller who just hap to buy a new Si civic and he couldnt give the car to his wife(she couldnt drive stick). When that car got hit by a dump truck, I had to fight with the insurance people just to get $1800 from them! THAT is a main reason why I use OEM upgrades on the teggy, and recipt ALL mods because insurance companies dont have a clue what these GREAT cars are really worth! Anyway tell her to enjoy the teggy....

stormnorman

Where did she buy it from, a private seller or a small car lot dealership? If its the latter, then I would expect that price. They probably bought it themselves for $3500 and are trying to make some profit.
not sure. i didnt progress the conversation. didnt want her to make her feel bad haha but i can say its atleast better than her last car which didnt go past 40 on the freeway lol.