DC Sports Strut Bar Install/Review

TLP_TEG

Well found a deal on a DC Sports Strut bar and thought "I'm gonna do it sooner or later?":???: So here's the review and install. First the install.:lol:

Well this is pretty much the bar before the install. A spacer, zip tie, bolt, strut bar, instructions and decals!

welds look top notch, i like the dual bar design. I've always like Neuspeed bars but lets see how this one does:)

i got this version, whatever it is. I dunno much about DC bars, like i said i've always used Neuspeed

First thing you gotta do add the spacer to this wire bracket. A 10mm socket will do, i think i used a deep socket.

You use the stock bolt to thread the factory bracket onto the spacer. there's a smaller threaded hole and larger un-threaded hole. You thread the stock one through the smaller one.

i recommend using a ratcheting wrench to attach the spacer to the body. removing the stock intake also makes things easier. i learned this the hard way:evil: and a socket will not work when reattaching the spacer to the body. again the hard way.

heres another shot of it.

now you have to relocate the cruise control cables. pop off the bottom and top cables. tuck the bottom one under the bracket and pop the top one on the original bottom location. popping the top off is easier then getting it in. a flat head will help in getting it in though.

then you zip tie the cables together. DC sports went cheap and only provided one. so as a piece of mind i attached another. :lol:

TADA! there ya have it. Getting it on the strut locations took some elbow grease though, as with every strut bar. slid it on one side and jack the other side you until you can slide it in. and when i say slide it in i really mean you push the crap out of it and it pops it. worth the effort though! :lol: now for the review.

Well.... since i live in the mountains of NC there's plenty of twisties. SO...I decided to do some spirited driving. The previous owner put crappy @$$ tires on there. They have well over 80% tread left and i hydroplaned the other night. They are Uniroyal Tigerpaws....NEVER EVER get them. Ahem...anyways. Taking the turns i noticed that the response is alot more crisp and body lean is still there but a DRASTIC improvement over stock. My @$$ end still slides out a little but when i get some sways on there then it will help with it. So was it worth 95 bucks? hell yes. These are in par with Neuspeed bars, i highly recommend getting them. O yeah almost forgot, the lower strut bolt is hard to get to especially if you dont have thin wall sockets. DC Sports recommends torqing them between 33-43 ft-lbs. so i did 35.

Tools id recommend?
-Ratcheting wrench
-Thin wall socket

And thats about it! enjoy!:D

Last edited:

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
that thing is pretty nice and chunky. that would be a good time to get your engine bay cleaned up.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I like how it's a welded one-piece design. Sounds like you need a new set of sticky tires. Going touge with cheap tires is scary.

TLP_TEG

I like how it's a welded one-piece design. Sounds like you need a new set of sticky tires. Going touge with cheap tires is scary.
haha i know what you mean. good thing i've been to a track before so i know how to handle unexpected situations :lol: