dc2 gsr b18c1

hypnotiq

Gonna be buying a set of aftermarket cams. Skunk 2? Blox? Toda? Other brands? Pros and cons? Whats needed in conjunction with them?
Thanks in advanced.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Toda or Jun are the holy grail cams. Hard to find irrc and kind of expensive. Skunk2 will IMO make the most power and blox is a copy of skunk.

hypnotiq

Ok, well I can get toda spec a2 or c2 cams. If toda is the holy grail, why does skunk make more power? Toda is jdm? Is that the reason behind the holy grail?
I was looking at skunk tuner series and pro series.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
because skunk is a copy of jun or toda lol. Also cam choice should be based on your motor...what do you have done to it?

hypnotiq

All stock except type r cam gears and aem air intake and stage 3 dual friction clutch with 10lb flywheel

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
pr3 is b16.

I would do ctr cams or skunk2 stage 1 or blox a. But you still need supporting mods to make the most out of them.

Nick_C78

PR3 is b16. All vtec cam gears are the same. To make it even funnier, all bseries cam gears are pr3, even LS and b20.

hypnotiq

Lol. Ok then. Learn something new everyday.
I was planning on a full supertech head kit. New lma's. Edelbrock intake. Aem fuel rail. Aem fpr. Not sure on what injectors yet