dc2 gsr rev limit

hypnotiq

I bought the car from a tow company with a blow 18c1 in it. What code ecu is it supposed to have?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
P72. Are you sure its a B18C engine? Any check engine lights?

hypnotiq

Im pretty sure seeing as I just rebuilt the entire engine. 95 c1 block. 96 c1 everything else and its stamped b18c1. No engine light.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Its either a tuning related issue (wrong Ecu, chipped Ecu) or mechanical such as ignition related. Have you done a compression test recently?

hypnotiq

The engine has less than 1k miles. Ecu says p72 a02. Vtec isnt working either.

hypnotiq

Im pretty sure sure I have the gsr cluster.
A little history on the car.
I bought it from a tow company who got it abandoned with a blown motor. Took all sensors off and sent the head in for machining and new valvetrain. Picked up a 95 gsr block with nothing on it. Sent that in for machinging and to get new pistons, rods and crank. I put everything from my blown 96 engine on the block, after cleaning of course. Wired everything back up.

(I did lift the car up yesterday and noticed my knock sensor plug had prongs sticking out indicating that broke.)

Engine doesnt knock. Its quick. Revs quick. Response is quick.

I do notice at about 3200, there is an odd buzzing sound like a solenoid is ticking extremely fast. If I rev it at in idle it will just make a "click" as soon as it gets passed 3200 coming back down.