Dc2 hatch dots in glass

themiller13

I've been seeing some local tegs that have two black dots centered on the lower part of the hatch glass, left of the wiper connection/plug. I've seen this on cars with both 94 and 98 style bodies and some with out the dots. Which has me wondering, is this a year specific thing, an OEM glass thing, or just a random bit on the cars? I assume those that do have it use it to support something but I'm in the dark as to what. Mine, a 98, does not have it.

Pics I pulled from the web: the red one has the two "dots" in question

While this white one does not.

Anyone have any ideas?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You really couldn't figure this out?

Nick_C78

Yeah, cars that came with the "gsr" wing do not have the holes because the third brake light is in the wing. Not the window.

Note: I put "gsr" because some LS and GS came with that wing too despite what some think.

R13

The other asshole
It's just one of the 50,000 different things they did for integras for no reason.

CJ's GS had one.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
My old GS and GSR shell had one, LS didn't.
Probably an option from the factory or a dealership special for the LS.
I thought the GS always came with it as part of the upgraded trim package, like the leather seats and floormats or whatever else makes them different.

Ganyon

It's just one of the 50,000 different things they did for integras for no reason.

CJ's GS had one.

Lol kurt. Did you scribble out the tag? Nobody would ever be able to find my car and they definately wouldn't be able to get to it if the did.