DC4 First Turbo Build!

bad_biddy

Wiring is done! Just ordered some misc fittings and push clips. Also ordered a GrimmSpeed manual boost controller. My tuner was able to send me a basemap last night... We decided that I'll be running E-85! Keeping the farmers employed!

Started running some vacuum lines. Not too much more to go... Hopefully I'll be able to start it in the next two weeks

bad_biddy

E85 is the way to go. You'll want to get at least ID1000 injectors or larger.
I have precision 1200cc injectors! Getting super excited peeps! I just want it running before my birthday in august!

bad_biddy

Got her off the jack stands.... Looking so good!

Waiting on some fittings to arrive... Gotta figure out where to mount my catch can then it's time to start it!

bad_biddy

I attempted to fill the coolant the other day.... Before even being able to pressurize the lines there was a HUGE leak.... turns out the coolant tube o-ring by the water pump was ripped in two.

Went to the Honda dealership and got some replacements.

Picked up 5 gallons of E-85.... went back for another 5.

Loading up the MAP that Jordan made for me .... running a Hondata s300 setup. Looks crazy intense but is going to be awesome.

Dont mind the plugs being un-done/missing some clamps.... This was right after replacing the coolant o-ring.

So bad news.... attempted to prime the engine and ran into a oil leak by the oil sandwhich plate. Didnt have a large enough deep socket to remove/tighten it down. Ended up being the right size SAE at menards. In other good news the gauges I wired up WORK! I haven't been able to listen to the radio or anything in 2 years..... feels like HEAVEN. Can't wait for it to start!

http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/badbiddy13/media/1910E84F-0E99-4F85-B19E-2CC63BB97CAC_zpsik54dics.mp4.html?o=1

bad_biddy

SOOO in other news I have had nothing but LEAKS doing this build. I will start with the first time experiencing leaks...

Before the engine was in the car I replaced the brake lines for rear braided lines and re-did the front hard lines. Ended up the hard lines leaking so I replaced them with braided lines and recieved the wrong fitting and what not eventually fixing the brakes.

Now the engine is in the car... Attempt to fill it up with coolant I must have for got to plug an opening in the back of the head and it leaked. Plugged that and then the coolant tube o-ring decides that it is bad too. Take the entire intake manifold off to replace the o-ring and bam I can fill it full of coolant.

On to filling the car of oil... This goes fine but I want to turn the engine over to fill the passageways before attempting to start it. Upon turning it over I can hear it leak... Ended up being the sandwhich plate - I installed it in backwards and forgot to plug a hole on the plate as well.... Can't believe I even did that!

After I got that squared away it's time to check and see if fuel will prime and build pressure. First attempt major leak... The leak is coming from the fuel line attaching to the fuel rail. I goto honda and got the crush washers for it but now I have a leak at the fuel injectors... Replace the o-rings for that and now it can build pressure!!

So now we attempt to start... No go. Check for spark.... No spark. I open up the distributor... No FRICKEN rotor in it. I run to auto zone and buy a cap and rotor set. Install it and BAM she lives!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/apciu7y71x3ink4/20150728_215303.mp4?dl=0

It has another oil leak on the backside of the engine.... Will troubleshoot that and attempt restarting it again!