DD / track Drivers

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
track days is a term which is loosly used.

Drag Strip:
descent life on tires
gas
tire pressure gauge (optional)
tire pump (optional)
helmet (if you are fast enough to need one)
cage (if your car needs it)
seat belts
refreshments
Jeans
closed toe shoes

Auto X
closed toe shoes
shirt
jeans
tire pump (optional)
tire gauge (optional)
Tires (optional)
Spare parts (optional)
Helmet
refreshments

Circuit
spare parts
helmet
etc etc

you get the point

NOTE: the scca hand book has stuff to read if you do SOLO II which is auto x. ANY GOOD host for circuit events will have a check list of what to do.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
OG, I'll def hit you up when I get this restriction taken off my license. I'm hella down to go.. How much is it? Any other need to know info?
A restricted license is still good, as far as I know. Maybe call Sac Raceway and check. Most of it you'll learn while you're there; I met a lot of people that I hang out with and network with for tips. Some teams are secretive about their setup, but most are really helpful if you're not attached to a competitive team. I'm on a very small team so it doesn't really matter; plus I'm not a drag racer, I just go for a low ticket to brag about to you guys.
Cost is like $15 on Wednesday nights for Test n Tune, but actual Sunday events are about $40 for bracket challenge. Wednesdays you'll get less runs in since it starts late, plus the temperature is obviously lower at night, so less grip. I get upwards of ten runs on Sundays, if nobody wrecks.

Tips:
Don't hit the water pit on street tires
Clean the tires by burning them up a little, but again, DO NOT GO INTO THE WATER PIT
Drop tire pressure to like 15-18 psi and kinda play with it. You want grip on launch, but not flappy ass tires past the 40' mark or so
I launch at 5k, but I started launching a lil above, maybe 5,200 when I spin the tires enough.. Again, DON'T HIT THE WATER PIT, GO AROUND IT WITH STREET TIRES!! I can smell the burnt rubber a little bit when I spin them enough for grip.
If your car is bogging after the wheels grab, you're launching like a bitch; step it up and don't be afraid.
Check your motor mounts before you go. If you feel or hear a loud clunk from the engine, then your mouonts should be replaced or have the inserts installed.
Bring Dylan and I a sandwich.. Turkey, please. Not one to share, but both our separate sandwiches. (Dylan is going to be a bigger help than me if you start kicking it with the Nor Cal CI Desecration Crew)
Just in case you didn't notice my persistence: don't hit the fucking water pit

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Hahaha, I'm sure that's what he wants to do first. i actually think everyone should run the strip before anything else. Learning how to go fast from a dig is like lesson one racing.. Plus you need to know how to drag race for when some ricer pulls up to you and wants to race from the stop

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no. Auto X is lesson one. That teaches you car control. A driver who cant control his car shouldnt be on the street.

Army74D

gtavila_
it would be funny if he didnt want to go to the drags loool
I've gone through my street racing phase. Don't judge, we've all done it.. Lol.
I've done "touge" style runs through the mountain roads and have "raced" through back country twisties.
I've just never raced on a professional track, and that's what I've always wanted to do.

Thanks for the info guys. I'd be really down to meet you guys and get introduced into the track racing. :)

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
by professional track what do you mean?
NHRA drag strip?
Circuit?
Solo 2 Auto X?

Og has only attended drag racing events so his experience at other venues is limited where as i have gone to all 3 events and patricipate in circuit regularly