Debadge help

slikk

Money Getter
ok so i removed all the badges and car dealer stickers on my car .. now i got a few holes ..

how do i plug them with having to take the car to a welder ???

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I've seen electrical tape, it was on a black car. You almost didnt see it in pictures.

Matticus

Ominous G2 said:
I've seen electrical tape, it was on a black car. You almost didnt see it in pictures.

Shhhhhhhhh I used electrical tape on my gsr cuz it had some dumb spoiler on it when I bought it (but it fit in the stock holes thank god), I finally found a spoiler but it was black (my car is white) looks a lot better than black tape all over the back.

slikk

Money Getter
i got four 1/4 inch holes in the trunk lid, two on e the left where i removed the "acura" and two on the right where i removed the "LS"

and one 3/4 inch hole where i removed the antenna. i put aa expansion plug in the antenna hole but its wicked ugly.. i will try to post new pic of teh recovering teg soon.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
Ya Im Thinking About Debadging My Car And Getting Rid Of That Ugly Lynch Pontiac Dealer Badge And Get A Nice Intenna To Mount Inside Of My Car Cause The Stock Teggy One Goes Up Like A Mile Past The Roof Of The Car

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
teggyls said:
Ya Im Thinking About Debadging My Car And Getting Rid Of That Ugly Lynch Pontiac Dealer Badge And Get A Nice Intenna To Mount Inside Of My Car Cause The Stock Teggy One Goes Up Like A Mile Past The Roof Of The Car
theres that button or switch to raise your antenna halfway. it was on one of those JDM sites that you guys drool over all the time lol. i thought it was pretty cool though because i thought the same about my antenna... until it broke. now it just stays down because i unplugged the motor. no radio though. oh well.

sorry for getting off subject

Johnny Tex

You'll have to start by denting in the holes slightly. You'll want the sharp edges of the holes to be slightly lower than the surrounding metal. You can just use a tapered punch on the small holes. For spoiler sized holes place the ball end of a ball peen hammer in the hole and gently tap with another hammer

Then get some fiberglas cloth and cut it to size slightly larger than the hole.

Clean the backside of the hole thoroughly with brake cleaner

Put on your rubber gloves and dip the fiberglas cloth bits in the resin and hardener mixture. Apply to the backside of the hole smooth out as much as possible in the short time it takes to cure.

Let cure thoroughly. When hardened mix up your DynaLite and hardener and use plastic applicator to make fill flush.

Sand. If you applied well you can pretty much go straight to the 600 grit.

Prime and paint.

slikk

Money Getter
Johnny Tex said:
You'll have to start by denting in the holes slightly. You'll want the sharp edges of the holes to be slightly lower than the surrounding metal. You can just use a tapered punch on the small holes. For spoiler sized holes place the ball end of a ball peen hammer in the hole and gently tap with another hammer

Then get some fiberglas cloth and cut it to size slightly larger than the hole.

Clean the backside of the hole thoroughly with brake cleaner

Put on your rubber gloves and dip the fiberglas cloth bits in the resin and hardener mixture. Apply to the backside of the hole smooth out as much as possible in the short time it takes to cure.

Let cure thoroughly. When hardened mix up your DynaLite and hardener and use plastic applicator to make fill flush.

Sand. If you applied well you can pretty much go straight to the 600 grit.

Prime and paint.
thank for the info... now where do i buy this stuff autozone or home depot? about how long a process is it ? can i do it in one day with no help?

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
teg9five said:
theres that button or switch to raise your antenna halfway. it was on one of those JDM sites that you guys drool over all the time lol. i thought it was pretty cool though because i thought the same about my antenna... until it broke. now it just stays down because i unplugged the motor. no radio though. oh well.

sorry for getting off subject
hey do you remeber that site and wat its called cause that sounds like suttin id really like to do

slikk

Money Getter
teggyls said:
hey do you remeber that site and wat its called cause that sounds like suttin id really like to do

i saw that switch for sale on JDMSIT.com lastnight