Decent Coilovers, Decent Price?

Swerve

Shawn
Lot of people here know them. My dads the owner.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
lol lots of people know the guys there. Went to pick up my suspension from them and was treated like a king! All good guys there. Although Mark did black list me from an administrative mistake/someone fucked me over once but they were fired.

Chrisma

You can call Ground Control ask for Dustin and say Shawn told you to call.
Plan on purchasing early/mid February. Will do since I'm hunting for that killer deal. :cool:

AlphaWolf1993

9 out of 10 people will say get koni yellows and ground controls.

The other 1 person will say "I am slammed on function and forms and they ride fine." Don't listen to that guy.

I really don't get why everyone bashes F&F...I love mine, yeah they're not perfect but they're comfy, stiff enough, low as I want them, and every time I ask a question they answer, and they're warrantied! They're different from the old ones they made (which WERE terrible). I mean they aren't Racelands...

Nick_C78

Heyy look that 1 guy finally posts. How many other suspensions have you tried out to compare them with? They simply cannot compete with koni for the same price. The valving on the koni is much much more superior.

Chrisma

Heyy look that 1 guy finally posts. How many other suspensions have you tried out to compare them with? They simply cannot compete with koni for the same price. The valving on the koni is much much more superior.
How slammed can it be with Konis? I have a buddy at work talking me into getting some f&f or godspeeds. And the dude was from Royal Flush before he wrecked so I feel like he knows what's up so I'm really confused now. l:

Nick_C78

From royal flush? who is that. Flush being the keyword because the suspension he suggested is shit and belongs in toilet. Theres a reason its cheap. If a full body coilover is cheaper than a normal gas shock you have a problem.

However...slamming your car in general is stupid and makes the car ride like dick. Regardless of suspension.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've never experienced a good set of coilovers under $1k. But Konis will ride as good as anything else at any height if they have the right springs for the stiffness and height you're wanting. I took off my H&R street performance coilovers to run their cup kit that used Konis, way better performance, just as comfy.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf1993

My bad if I don't have a few K to drop into race coils. I like them. Rides soft enough to not jolt on dips in road, stiff enough to not smash the pan or bounce. My friend has a koni spring/shock on his civic and it rides too soft for me. In fact I'd say the ride is as comfortable as my Z. But what does my opinion matter, since someone's already said it doesn't matter...

Nick_C78

Calm down, and maybe your friend has soft spring rates or the shocks aren't adjusted right. Many factors. If you are happy though then cool. From my experience and from shock dyno graphs they suck. Shock dyno doesn't lie.

Nick_C78

And I will say this to your comment about not having the money. If you can't afford it yet, you don't need it yet. There is a thing called saving up. Do you think I just bought all my s*** all at once?