Detroit Muscle (eBay) taillight gaskets

94RS

No fucks given.
I'll admit that I probably hit my head on something really hard when I typed my initial post here.

But what threw me off was the fact that when I put in 1997 Acura Integra LS 3 door, it said that my car wasn't compatible....:(
That's because they have them listed for 98-01's. They work perfectly fine on my 94, just gotta poke the tab I showed in the first post through.

Nick_C78

That was cute with all the silly drama...

In other news I ordered a couple sets of these for the Integras....all 3 of them.

Last edited:

alexdesignz

I have a '00 GSR so I ordered a set and it doesnt fit well. It covers one of the sockets. I wish it was closer to the original. might keep it but modify it to work better by triming to match oem

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
So lemme get this straight... You complain that they're thick, which I showed in the OP. Complain that it covers a socket, which is also shown in the OP, I just moved the gasket around, and then tell people to buy OEM....

Nobody made you buy these things dude. Why bitch if there's a review with pics that show all the negative points that you complained about?

Probably a one post wonder anyhow, so I'm wasting my time....

95B18BTurbo

I just installed a set myself. A quick trim with an exacto knife for the turn signal socket and push the alignment pin through and they work great! Used to have water in the trunk now we don't! Especially after a hellacious Florida torrential day long downpour!

Nick_C78

Yeah, mine all fit well too. Who cares if you have to trim around one of the sockets...thicker is also a benefit for this type of gasket. It is just thick enough to where it doesn't make the taillight stick out farther, but enought for a quality seal.

alexdesignz

Lol he probably put the them on the opposite sides...
nope...

So lemme get this straight... You complain that they're thick, which I showed in the OP. Complain that it covers a socket, which is also shown in the OP, I just moved the gasket around, and then tell people to buy OEM....

Nobody made you buy these things dude. Why b**** if there's a review with pics that show all the negative points that you complained about?

Probably a one post wonder anyhow, so I'm wasting my time....
I just saw this thread after I already got them. I will be posting more as I am starting to do more to my car. I have worked on Hondas since the 90's but gave it up in 2000. So still figuring it out.

Also Detroit Muscle are switching the gaskets. I would recommend them, just order the right ones.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

What the hell do you mean it matches the 94-97 and the 00 gsr, but not the 98-01? They are all the same dude...00 GSR falls under 98-01 by the way.

alexdesignz

What the hell do you mean it matches the 94-97 and the 00 gsr, but not the 98-01? They are all the same dude...00 GSR falls under 98-01 by the way.
The 94-97 gasket they have looks to match better. In the image above it is their 94-97 gasket and my 00 gasket.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I bought a set of these a couple of weeks ago, before I even saw this thread, but haven't put them in yet. For $28 shipped I figured I can't go wrong. I've been getting water in the driver side. Car's going to the body shop to fix some minor accident damage to rear pass QP, and that's not even happening until June. So just in case the shop needs to pull a taillight(s) for any reason, I don't wanna put the gaskets in. I want to put them in once, and that's it. Because once the origional seal is made, if you take the gaskets out and put it back in, the seal is never as good again.