differences in the regular rsx and the rsx type s

tomas1.8ls

What are the differences between the rsx and the rsx type s besides one is a 6 speed and the other is a 5 speed?? i want to convert my regular rsx to the rsx type s... what do i have to do??

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
Differences are

interior
Exterior
rims
Suspension
engine
tranny

also in 05 type s they have Type -R cams.

tomas1.8ls

would it be cheaper buying a type s or building one?? whats different about the motor that gives it that extra hp?? my girl wants the type s so i was gunna build one for her but she likes the 5 speed over the 6 speed for some reason...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You would be better off just buying a Type S if that is what you want. It would cost a decent amount of money to convert a Base to a genuine Type S.

mirrorimg

And if you upgrade the parts to be comparable to the type- s, it still wont have the resale value because its still a base rsx on paper.

tomas1.8ls

ok thanks for your help. im going to see if i can find a nice type s and go from there... is there a better year of the type s then anouther or did nothing change that much to matter??

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
05 is considered the best. that is the one year the power rating hit 210. 02-04 were all at 200 and 06 went back down to 201. the interior is nicer on the 05-06's too. also the front and rear bumpers are a little different. i would say try to find a good 05-06 but im a lil biased

tomas1.8ls

thanks for the info on the rsx... im goin to look for an '05 rsx type s... how much would it be to buy a integra from japan and have it sent here?? im going to check some out after i finish my other project car and thank you guyz again for your info on this subject

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
05 is considered the best. that is the one year the power rating hit 210. 02-04 were all at 200 and 06 went back down to 201. the interior is nicer on the 05-06's too. also the front and rear bumpers are a little different. i would say try to find a good 05-06 but im a lil biased
The power didn't really "go down" for 2006. That's just the year SAE changed it's horsepower calculation methods. The new system just rates car closer to their actual power output.