dish soap

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
I know everyone says no to dish soap washes but why does it say I can use a mild dish soap right in the manual? Page 218 second column first section

drevans_satx

Dylan
Dish soap is an abrasive soap made to get grime off of plastic and porcelain.

What that means for a cars paint is essentially micro scratches in the clear coat affecting its life span. Repainting your car is expensive. Automotive soap is cheap. You make the decision.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ganyon

My dad always told me that it strips wax off. So, if you use it, you'll have to wax your car. I wouldn't recommend using it.

edison_chen

Dish soap normally isn't good for your car, like others have said, it strips the wax off it. It might only be useful if you are using a clay bar to remove road debris from the paint along with the dish soap.

Last edited:

drevans_satx

Dylan
The manual also says you can use 5w-30 oil in your manual trans and regular unleaded in the gsr and type-r...

Its a 'last resort' kind of thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I've heard of quite a few detailers using Dawn on a car when they first get it. It strips all the wax and other crap off the paint so they can clay the car without working said junk into the paint.

On its own I wouldn't do it though.

OLDSKOOLACURA

I've heard of quite a few detailers using Dawn on a car when they first get it. It strips all the wax and other crap off the paint so they can clay the car without working said junk into the paint.

On its own I wouldn't do it though.
That does make some sense, but I still wouldn't try it. I would just use the clay bar.

My vehicles only get the best

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
If you are ever in a pinch, use Shampoo to wash the car and some Conditioner as a wax. Detergent is only good if starting from scratch, so try and avoid in most situations.
- Aaron