DIY Clay Bar

h2kmonst3r

simple is better.
Alright took an hour but it's finished. I am pleased with the results my car is so smooth I cant believe it. But there is a few spots I could have done more but I can live with it for now. New question, does it work on plastic? I never used it on my front bumper just cuz of the damage it's in, needs to be repainted.

JGvtec

Plastic that has been painted and has clear on it yes.

Glad you are happy with the results.

JemmieN

not a girl lol
i got some oil that's been sitting on my paint for about 3 months and i just washed it off. most of it is off but you can still see it. clay baring it will get it off?

also what is a good brand of clay bar and wax?

JGvtec

It should. Try to put a little harder too when clay baring in that area. Have you tried to remove it with like a bug and tar?

treeafodo

Austin
also what is a good brand of clay bar and wax?
I have a Meguiars clay kit, but I havent used it yet, so I cant say how good or bad it is. If its anything like all their other products, its great. :lol: As for wax I use Turtle wax.

h2kmonst3r

simple is better.
I used Meguiars clay kit and its great came with a terry towel, wax, quik detail and two clay bars. I used up one clay bar and it is still usable. Probably was going to work on my gf's car before winter(just cuz im nice).

JemmieN

not a girl lol
It should. Try to put a little harder too when clay baring in that area. Have you tried to remove it with like a bug and tar?
no but i'm bout to go get a clay bar kit + some wax