DIY : How to replace the intake manifold gasket on a B18B1 integra LS.

unzip2000

There was very less information about this topic so i thought of writing up a thread for a DIY (on your own risk ). This is my first real writeup so please forgive me if the pictures are unclear or the explanation is unclear.

My car is a 99 Civic EX with a 2001 Integra LS Swap so that's why i am writing this on the integra forums. Hopefully some people might be able to make this document helpful.

So here we go. sorry i started taking pictures after i already took out the strut bar and the breather filter along with the intake tube clamp.

1. Remove the strut bar and keep it aside
2. As shown on the image remove the air intake, tps socket, iacv, all other vacum hoses. (MAKE SURE YOU MARK IT WHICH ONE GOES WHERE) Your Evap should go to the intake manifold as shown with a red line even though mine is not. also remove the two 10MM bolts holding the throttle cable brace and remove the throttle cable from the throttle body. (you can do so by turning the throttle anti clockwise fully and carefully take the cable off the notch ) coolant hoses at the bottom of the throttle body which goes to the idle control valve at the back of the manifold and to the return line of the radiator. if you haven't cleaned your throttle body this would be the best time to do so. i didn't take the throttle body apart because i cleaned it last week by taking everything out. also i have shown to remove the fuel filter because i was replacing the fuel filter at the sametime along with cleaning the injectors manually while im at it.

3. remove the fuel filter 17MM bolt on the top and a 14mm bolt at the bottom

also here is a good reference how to replace the fuel filter.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FcJF7HaRlE"][/YOUTUBE]

4.once all the vacume hoses are done take the injector clips out ( to do so expand the metal hooks around the clip) make sure to hold the clip from the two sides so the metal hooks wont fly out ) here is a close up how i use a regular screw driver and do the job even though you can find a tool for this.

5. Take the 3 x 10mm bolts out of the fuel rail.

fuel rail should just be able to pull out easy as you have disconnected the pressure hose from the fuel filter.
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT ORINGS AND REPLACE THEM WHILE YOU ARE AT IT. a auto parts store will be able to match up orings for you.

6. Disconnect the coolent line shown in the picture

also start loosening out the 12mm bolts from the manifold. there are 10x12mm bolts in total ( 4 screws and 6 nuts) i will show a detail picture below.

arrows show bolts are on the under side of the manifold. the far-most right arrow is for the bottom bolt shown in the previous picture just above the coolant hose.
for the middle two bolts (underneath) you will have to use a long drive with a ratchet and get it to reach behind the manifold near towards the firewall. once you take every bolt out just pull it towards the firewall and you are good to go.

after you take the manifold out make sure to clean up the old gasket pieces good and put the new gasket on and do the process in reverse.

here is another picture after i took the manifold out so you can see where the actual bolts will go. 4screws and 6bolts.

Again sorry if the pictures are not that clear and explanation is not that great. i tried my best to take some good pictures. i will probably add some more pictures near the firewall tomorrow.

BankiBoi

Good write up but I find it easier to just unbolt it and push it back

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

unzip2000

Good write up but I find it easier to just unbolt it and push it back

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk
Yea that's one way to do it. lol my old gasket was seized up in the block side so i had to take everything out to scrape it out. plus i was gonna clean up everything