DIY: Low Output High Beams

bradster101

Ive been getting a few PM's since I made my last diy on making the high beams low output.
<< http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=58958&highlight=how+to+turn+brights >>

In the messages I've been getting, people have wanted a more detailed list, more pix, etc... So I bring you the 'better' version:

How To Make High Beams Lower Output

Step 1: Take the bright out of your car

Step 2:Take the metal clip off (A pair of needle nose pliers worked good for me)

Step 3:Cut the bulb off leaving the two wires as long as you can (the more you have the easier it will be to solder)

Step 4:Get your other bulbs ready (the ones you will be using for the lower output)
In this case, I used some 921NA amber bulbs

Step 5:Next you need to prep the ends of the wire and the wires on the bulb. To do this I lightly sanded the contact points with some 200 grit sandpaper (If you dont do this it will be difficult to get the solder to stick)
Step 6:After you have prepped the wires, bend the wires on the bulb over the wires from the headlight like shown below

Step 7:After you have bent the wire like the picture above, you can solder the wires together (dont be afraid to use more than needed, the more you use the better off you will be)

Step 8:After you have soldered the wires together, cut a strip of electrical tape about 2 inches long in half

Step 9:Tape around the wires with the tape (this is easier if you have someone to hold it while you tape it)

Step 10:Re-Install the headlight and enjoy the finished product

Output of the bulbs

Here's a comparison of the newer bulbs that I used compared to the older ones that I had in before

Note: Newer bulbs on the driverside and the older ones on the passenger side

and yes I am aware that you can use different bulbs and go about it doing it a different way, BUT this is what I did

8-bit

do what now?
:thumbs up very good write up!
so im assuming you can use any bulb you please?

Kinta94

That loooks way better than before awesome write up.

bradster101

:thumbs up very good write up!
so im assuming you can use any bulb you please?
Thanks! And yea as far as I know. I know that those types are easy to do because you can bend the wire loops really easily
That loooks way better than before awesome write up.
Thanks. yea the other one was pretty vague :loil:
nice i like!
Thanks

I have more pix to but I have an english paper to write... Maybe tomorrow I will have them posted

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
I have! looks great, but one of my solders on the passenger bulb came off.

When i get it fixed i'll have a friend take some night shots for ya

erikonetime

everything goes
Did mine yesterday, it was easy and I like how it looks. And for some reason the guy who owned the car before me took out a bulb on each turn signal..gonna fix that today it looks gross.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Did mine yesterday, it was easy and I like how it looks. And for some reason the guy who owned the car before me took out a bulb on each turn signal..gonna fix that today it looks gross.
lol my signals were like that too.. when i realized it i went to walmart got some $3 bulbs and called it a day lol