DIY Spray Rims

Sp4150

I have a set of 98-01 gsr swirlies and im going to spray the inner holes of them black any advice? im doing this because a few months back i slid into a curb in the snow and bent the rim and i bought a replacement of ebay bout its not original and the holes on the aftermarket one has a gloss finish in the holes compared to the stock rough finish

JdMrican88

Prince of 2nd Generation
i dont think ive seen it done to swirlies yet. i did it to my old hammers and it came out hot. But yea man its your car if you do try it, post pix i'd like to see mine have sum dark stains on the inside and if that works u wouldn't see em so keep us posted

Sp4150

well i have already started and didnt realize how long it would take but i am taking pics the whole way through to post here once finished probly wont be done until tomorrow some time the taping is a pain in the ass since i taped pretty much the whole rim

98_gsr

yeah man its all about the taping...i was able to paint my blades black with a red lip pretty easy. looks great in my opinion until i have enough money to buy some aftermarket wheels

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
hahhahaha, that shit looks so funny on jacks! yeah, id paint up the rims. they look nice. i would do it.

mirrorimg

I didnt understand what you wanted to do when you first posted, but that is actually a pretty neat concept. Good job.

Sp4150

Almost all done all i need now is to do my clear coat tell me what you think

Last edited: