diy Type R trunk brace Install

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
what where lol also the one on ebay had two bars..?
trunk wall is 1 bar
trunk floor i believe is a Z or a single bar c pillar and rear strut is either a Z or X. pm me a link and ill look at it for you

nice! is this also applicable on DA's?
its very possible, same with DC5. if you want to test it out see if you have the holes on the trunk wall by removing the trunk pannel and measuring it out. OEM length is 36 inches or 3 feet. if its shorter or longer on the DA you may want to use the box metal meathod.

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
its very possible, same with DC5. if you want to test it out see if you have the holes on the trunk wall by removing the trunk pannel and measuring it out. OEM length is 36 inches or 3 feet. if its shorter or longer on the DA you may want to use the box metal meathod.

thanks! and another question, what is box metal method? sorry noob..lol..

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thanks! and another question, what is box metal method? sorry noob..lol..
its metal shaped into a box shape its like a rectangular pipe. same thing except you have to cut the pipe and drill your own holes. the oem bar should fit though measure it out its 36"

a1da9teg

i bought the type r bars from the honda dealer the under bar was around a hundred bucks the factory trunk bar is actually more like 125 not a twenty dollar bar, the front upper strut bar and sticker from the factory actually costs close to 200,and yes with the exception of the front bar, the rear bars are a aluminum tube with the ends pressed down to make the bolting flange

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i bought the type r bars from the honda dealer the under bar was around a hundred bucks the factory trunk bar is actually more like 125 not a twenty dollar bar, the front upper strut bar and sticker from the factory actually costs close to 200,and yes with the exception of the front bar, the rear bars are a aluminum tube with the ends pressed down to make the bolting flange
Brand new yes they are more than $30 or however much i got it for

gonna try it on my da, got the parts but havnt tried it yet, need time for that
it should work i would check to see the metal thickness first

I could fabricate one of those with no problemo ;).
it looks pretty easy tomake

dlo253

Anybody try this on the DA? just to know if its the same length needed. If not, Guess I could just find out myself Hahaha.